Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Scavenger Hunt ~ April

April has been very strange, with the incredibly hot days and no April showers!!!
Plus, I've only had seven working days in the whole month! Not that I'm complaining!

So here's my offering for April .... not particularly exciting pics this month. I found some of them really hard to find.

Don't forget, you can add your photographs to the linky tool at the top of my blog, or post them over at Flickr.

I'll post the new list for May as soon as I can!

A Church






















St. Peter's ~ our village church

A Cross






















The ancient cross in the centre of Cheddar

A Sculpture
An ornate sculptured wooden seat in Coombe Hill Woods, Somerset


A Set of Keys











My car keys

An Unusual Shop Name















It could only be in Glastonbury!

My Camera















I can't find a way of flipping this round!

April Showers















Inca's morning walk in Somerset

Breakfast
My normal weekday breakfast ~ cereal, berries and fruit tea

Eggs















Something to do with Shakespeare
As the great bard might say :
"Much Ado about Nothing"
cynical, I know, but I really am grateful to them for the extra Bank Holiday!!!!

Something to mark St. George's Day






















Something Yellow




28 comments:

  1. Great collection of photos.I love the sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics :) I have mine all taken - some might be very loosely connected with the titles though ;) Shall publish them tomorrow.

    Looking forward to the next list - wonder what you've got planned for us all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did pretty well. I'm still working on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, a few tricky items this month. Well done though - I still have seven, yes seven, items to photograph! I haven't done well this month!

    I will have a busy day on Friday but I will finish it and post it at the weekend. Can't wait to see the new list now, even though I haven't finished this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely pics here, I've joined in for the first time this month and really enjoyed it - thank you! Nice choice of camera BTW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'The Psychedelic Piglet'???

    LOL! Talk about a blast from the past. Oh my. Now my eyes are running with merry tears; I'm laughing so hard :-)

    Thanks for posting. I look forward to participating in May's Hunt!

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man ... just goes to show how hard I was laughing: the purple sign was 'psychedelic' purple - the sign actually read "The Psychic Piglet"; LOL

    Either way, laughter is a good way to start the day!

    TTYL

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've done well! I need to find a sculpture and a shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh...love the Shakespeare one! This was a difficult hunt, for sure. I cheated a little, but actually finished a week ago; guess that's what happens when you have a vacation week and time to snap away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, this has been a tough list this month! I still have a couple to get but hoping to post soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photos, we just posted ours! Now we need to get them over to your flicker page :)

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see your photos and looking forward to see the list for May.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed your photos Kathy. Great fun! I'm nearly finished (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got some good ones there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your yellow selection is really good and I love the chair. I still need April Showers, but I reckon I'll get that tomorrow looking at the forecast!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've loved looking at your photos.
    I've joined in this month and it's been very challenging finding everything but it's made me think about things more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos, Kathy, love the chair and the shop front! I've struggled with the last few photos as I've had to improvise around home but I've finally got there and will post them tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done ! Between you and Deb from What's in My Attic I have been inspired to get off my backside and put some photos together. Hate to miss it - it is such fun!
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still have to finish a few up. Loved the name of the shop and the sculpture too! Have a lovely holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos this month! I'm due to post mine later tomorrow. I found it quite easy to pick the subjects of the photos this month but I can't vouch for the quality of a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done, great photos. I've posted mine now too.

    Can't wait for the new list.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the shadow your keys cast and the carved seat looks comfy ! Great fun as usual Kathy - mine will be up later after a trip to the Church to get a pic & the village for one or two more. It rained in the night... the only April shower we've had & I missed it !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great set of pictures. I've just joined in for the first time and have just posted my pics. Such fun...look forward to seeing what May brings :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi again ~ I have edited my post to include larger photos as requested :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I did not manage the shop name, but had fun with all the rest. Trying to load them on Flickr now. Where is list for May?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the Psychic Piglet! Thanks again for hosting this - it's such fun. And I've just spied this month's challenge. Looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm afraid I failed on the task for April! I had a shop name lined up too! You really have done very well to have got them all. There was definitely a shortage of showers in the month - not that I'm complaining. The church looks lovely with the backdrop of blue sky. Sums up the amazing month of weather we have just had. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your yellow display, but my favourite is that sculpture! It is so natural but beautifully carved! This has been fun. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails