Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 2 April 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 13

The last week of term, but still a lot to get through. When I was looking at my return to work way back in  November, I always knew that this half term would be the hardest one ... there were six full weeks and I would be back working full time. I said then "if I can make it through March, I'll be O.K." Well, I have made it .... just .... I don't feel too well to be honest, but I think I'm just very tired. The two weeks break should let me get my energy back
85/365
Ruthin on a cold Saturday afternoon. We spent some time (and some money in here). They have a shelf full of climbing books which pleased the lovely Mr B.

86/365














Chester again, for an eye test and new glasses. I love this wonderful tree in the cathedral grounds. So much blossom!













88/365
I can't believe the medication I've taken  to get me through the day. It's the second 'open evening' tonight  and I've got an badly ulcerated mouth.... a side effect of the drug that 'keeps me alive now'. I'll try anything to numb the pain and let me talk to the parents.
89/365


My Spring Swap parcel has a arrived from Zoe at Scented Sweetpeas. I'll show you what was in it soon.


90/365














The school photos arrive ... this little bunch of children are the nicest class I've had in over 20 years. They make everyday worthwhile, no matter how bad I'm feeling! 
























91/365
Making Mother's Day cards ... this year I brought in lots of my card making and scrapbooking supplies. I put it all out in baskets and let the children choose. We called it our Super Year Three Card Making Design Studio. I did try to teach the "less is more" approach, but they just wanted a bit of every pretty thing on their cards. I hope the Mums appreciate the love and care that went into the making.

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you are not very well at the moment and hope that the school holiday will perk you up! I bet the children had great fun making the cards and adding all the fancy embellishments too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about the 'less is more' approach. My class of year 4's are exactly the same!! I ended up hiding the sequins! Hope you are feeling a bit better. Only 5 more 'gettings up' for school now! (I never count the weekends!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say, I am reading Sister too at the moment, and I don't have a clue either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've done fantastic to get back full time so soon. Your class look lovely, and it sounds like they had lots of fun making their Mother's Day cards, I'm sure all the mums will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this week whizzes by and you get a lovely rest. I can't resist a book shop either and my studio reflects the fact! I'm sure those mum's will love the special cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read that book back in December for my book club and found it a very good read. Let me know what you think when you finish it!
    Sorry ot hear you aren't feeling well though.I hope these next couple of weeks are just what you need to start feeling top top again.
    Take care
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are feeling good now!Take it easy and recharge your batteries.Were there many away on school photo day or have you only got 19 children in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better soon. Teaching is an exhausting job no matter how much you love it but how nice to have a gorgeous bunch of kids to teach. I love the card you showed, the enthusiasm of children is delightful. Have a lovely restful weekend.
    Thinking of you,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you are ready for a well-deserved rest and glad that it is nearly here. How fortunate you are to have such a lovely class, and how fortunate they are to have such a caring teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello ther Kathy! Hope you're feeling a little better by now. Your class look lovely!! It makes such a difference, doesn't it. Such sweet cards too. We couldn't make cards this year as two of my children have had desperately sad times with 'mums' recently. Not long now until the hols! Do you finish on Friday like we do, or much later like my daughter does. She teaches in a Manchester primary. Either way, enjoy the hols and recharge your batteries. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear your not feeling well at the moment. Your class look like such a nice bunch of kids and didn't they make some lovely Mother's Day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we are off for Easter then have a 3 week and four day half term!!!
    crazy!
    I love that tree Kathy and who put the smiley face over the childs head in the photo?
    he he
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails