Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 9 April 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 14

It's the first week of my Easter (without Easter) holidays and I've really enjoyed pottering around the house, catching up on those jobs I haven't had time to do since returning to work in January. I've spent the best part of two days sorting out my craft room. It's a very tiny space stuffed with stash. Now everything has got a new home and I should be able to find what I'm looking for. One thing's for sure ..... I certainly don't need to buy anything new for years to come. I just need the time to play with it all now!
92/365
Our first strawberries this year ... imported from Spain, they are enormous.
93/365

A pretty heart garland for my kitchen .... a Mother's Day gift from my lovely girl. I love it!  
94/365
A bunch of "Springness" ~ hyacinths and tulips. They smell wonderful!
95/365
Inca politely tells our neighbour"s cat to "Go Away!" 
Being older and wiser, he stands his ground!
She's most upset!
96/365
The long awaited new sofas arrived today ... it took enormous effort to get the old tatty ones out and the new ones in. Lots of L-shaped turns and small doorways in our house. I thought one of the guys might drop dead of a heart attack in my living room... he needs to be in a much less physical job! 
The seats are very comfortable, have that wonderful new leather smell, and very high ... I don't remember my feet dangling in the shop. 
But OMG they are so BIG... they'll take some getting used to. Will need new curtains and cushions now! Will have to do lots of browsing!

97/364
A wonderful sunset while on my 'Inca walk' tonight. After a hectic day it's just lovely to stroll down the Wirral way at dog's pace .... stopping to sniff in all the best places.  I wonder if it's like testing perfumes in John Lewis?

98/365
The gateway into the Bluecoat Chambers, a lovely little gallery tucked away behind Liverpool's mad busy Church Street shopping area. Look at the sky! We could be in Provence!!!

I hope it's just as sunny where you are. We're off to Somerset next week .... will this weather last?

17 comments:

  1. I love your pooch! My favorite dogs are the black labs and the chihuahua. Of which we have both in this house but my sons dog Smokey is mixed with boxer. He is an absolutely hoot! Like hanging out with Scooby Doo on a daily basis! Very kind loving fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying your Easter vacation. I love the heart garland, it's so sweet! I'll bet that new sofa will be great for a nap. Please stop by for a piece of pie when you have a moment! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and such color-filled shots. It was like a rainbow as I scrolled.
    Those strawberries look wonderful. I have some in my fridge...but yours look a bit sweeter:)
    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow is your garden that big - it's huge. Gorgeous sunset photo too

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photo's especially the Sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! I ate my first strawberries this week in a breakfast fruit salad in the B&B we stayed at in Wales. We had to take the living room door off to get our sofa in when we bought it a few years ago. Hope you have a great time in Somerset:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you are having a great time off. Getting your stash sorted is always satisfying isn't it? I usually find bits and pieces I'd forgotten about:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are enjoying your holiday. I'm sure you are well ready for a break now. My two finished yesterday and I'm on holiday after next week. very itty bitty what with the wedding and bank holiday, but very welcome all the same. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you've had an enjoyable first week of the holidays. I'm looking ahead to two weeks of relaxation! Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get used to the new sofas.I bought new curtains from John Lewis in Cambridge last week .They looked great in the store.Not so sure now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of lovely photos Kathy. For a moment there I thought you meant YOU were sniffing the lamp posts! but I read on......
    Have a good break and 'see' you when you get back.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful you are enjoying a well-deserved break. What a lovely variety of happy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new sofas look very nioce indeed, enjoy the browsing for new co-ordinating fabricsy things!
    Have a fantastic time away, fingers crossed the sun stay around.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a lovely holiday in Somerset, we stayed near Dunster last year. The new sofa looks lovely and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos , as always. I love the sunset and the photo of Inca. Hope you have a lovely time in Somerset next week. We're off tp Pickering next Friday. Like you, I am just loving the holidays. I am nevr, ever bored being at home. I just love pottering! Have fun! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  16. All lovely lovely lovely - I bet you won't buy any more supplies!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inca is certianly in charge there ! You've brought back memories of smelling our sofas when they were new & that awful feeling that they won't fit in the room ! We had a removals man like that once, he really was too old to be lifting - then he cut his hand & asked me for a plaster. I looked at all our stuff all over the place & thought Plaster ?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails