So we celebrated by having a proper afternoon tea .... I got all my pretty china out, and made some cupcakes.... and my dad drove across to our house. (Truth be told, we're a little nervous about him driving far these days.)
We had a lovely family afternoon ... it's not often we get a chance for all of us to get together!
Happy Birthday Mum!



mmm what a lovely afternoon tea. Hope your mum had a nice birthday.
ReplyDeleteLooks like your mum had a lovely birthday.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helsie
Aaah! That's lovely, a proper afternoon tea with your family - Happy Birthday to your mum.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to have time to spend with your family and it was nice that your mum's birthday was on a holiday week-end.
We have my sister and brother-in-law here at the moment but they have to go home this evening so we won't see them again until August now! Wish we lived closer together especially now that we don't have our parents.
Oh Kathy, everything looked so beautiful and delicious. I have been to only one tea and it certainly didn't compare to yours. I especially like the the look of the rolled salmon sandwiches. (looks like salmon) The cake at the end with the yellow frosting and flowers looks mouth watering also. I really like when my family is altogether too.
ReplyDeleteThose cakes look delicious! And do I spy all the ingredients for a cream tea too! Hope your Mum enjoyed her special day!
ReplyDeleteYummy pics lol happy birthday to your Mum xx
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing quite like a family get together and your table was beautifully decorated too. I am sure your mum enjoyed it. Our Easter Sunday was also a birthday and an anniversary this year. It makes it all doubly special.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic spread. Hope your Mum had a wonderful day. I noted the cream tea ingredients too - we had that for our Easter tea. Ann x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful afternoon tea. Congratulations to your mum. xx
ReplyDeleteMany happy birthday wishes to your mum. Your tea loooked superb, you must have worked so hard.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
What a lovely spread-better than the Radisson!
ReplyDeletelove
Lyn
xxx
Happy 77th Birthday mom, that looks a lovely table of foodables ;)
ReplyDeleteYes I think I have St George sown up lol!
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx
Looks like a really lovely tea - lots of lovely cakes! Really nice to have all your family together
ReplyDeleteSandra x
I would love my daughters to do a tea like that for me, hope your Mum had a great day.
ReplyDeleteGillx
That looks like a wonderful tea time for your mum. xx
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful, looks like it was enjoyed by all. ~c~
ReplyDeleteWow! The cupcakes look amazing. Sounds like your mum had a lovely birthday. Ros
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely way to celebrate you mom's birthday! She is lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tea! My mom turned 76 on the 10! It looks like there was something there for everyone! Hope your mom enjoyed her special day!
ReplyDeleteOh it all looks so delicious! So wonderful to have family gather to mark these events!
ReplyDeleteHB to your mom! What a tea! How beautiful everything looked! Wish I were there! Anne
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your mum. That afternoon tea looks so yummy.
ReplyDeleteAnne xx
A very happy birthday to your mum, she looks well for 77 and it just shows you're never too old for a tea party especially one as nice as that, Lucey xx
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing spread - I shall copy your idea for the royal wedding tea. I don't know, we worry about the teenagers driving, then the "elders" driving. Life is one huge worry for us "inbetweeners" Take care. xxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteYour table looks amazing with all the great food and treats!
ReplyDeleteBee happy x
Have a delicious day!
What a spead!It must have taken ages to do.I'm sure your Mum appreciated it.My Mum died when she was 62 and i really do envy you.
ReplyDeletePS Can't get into your Erddig post.
Wow! I bet your Mum had a wonderful time. The pinwheel sandwiches and all those lovely iced cakes must have taken a lot of time and effort to make. Lucky Mum! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful birthday celebration. Very nice :)
ReplyDeleteOh lucky mum! looks great! and yummy!
ReplyDelete