The nights are dark and the days are dreary ... I was driving yesterday with my lights on at 3p.m!!!
What's that all about?
I can't bear the thought of the six dark months ahead of us.
Today we went to the funeral of our friend who died last week ... so, so sad.
It's the first time we have had to say farewell to someone in our own circle of friends and of our own generation ... that doesn't seem right either.
Funerals have always been occasions for my people of my parents age.
I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars again.
I'm also less than happy that I'm still feeling tired after all my treatment in the summer. Two months on and I don't get through the afternoon without falling asleep. I'm not complaining, I just go with it because I can, but soon I'm going to have to think about returning to work and that depresses me too!
So, I need some serious help in cheering myself up .
There's a lovely blog over at Silverpebble which is encouraging us all to take photographs of any wonderful colourful things that we see around us in the depths of winter and share our splash of colour at the beginning of each month. The theory is it will only take about 4 colourful blogs before spring comes around again! I'm going to join in, but I think I need more help than that.
Suggestions on a postcard please!




Kathy, I fall asleep almost every afternoon and I haven't been unwell!!! I think we go into a natural hibernation at this time of year. I get up at 6.30 and at least the mornings are lighter now. I think it is a case of early to bed, early to rise. Your friend's untimely death must add to your feeling under the weather. I don't know if I can commit to Silverpebbles splash of colour but it will be nice to see everyones else's. x
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for the loss of your dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of people suffer during the Winter months..and it's hard to be positive sometimes.Hope you can find some things to do that you enjoy,to lift your spirits and help you get through this difficult time.
Sending you big ((hugs)) :0)
Oh dear! I think you need a great big cyber hug!!!! I have to admit, that the days do seem pretty dreary at the moment. I hope Incaa is sharing lots of cuddles with you. RosX
ReplyDeleteKathy.Sorry you are feeling down but can understand why.The loss of your friend must have hit you hard.As for the tiredness I could manage a sleep every afternoon!
ReplyDeleteJust think it is only 7 weeks and then the days start getting longer.Hopefully there will be lots of sunny if cold days ahead.
Could you manage a trip away in the Xmas holiday to somewhere warm and sunny?
When I am feeling a bit down I have a notebook in which I write positive things about each day.That really helps to turn things around.
I think you need a project,perhaps for xmas.What can you makefor people.Try socks.Really quite easy and every woolshop has sock yarn(or try the internet).My OH has loads,the brighter the better for him.Your OH would love to show them off to the children.Scarves are another easy thing to knit.Settle yourself in a comfy chair,central heating on,a good radio programme and get out the knitting or stitching.
Finally,don't rush back to work.Put yourself first and good luck.
I have been so sleepy in th eafternons this week but a walk always wakes me up.
ReplyDeleteThe splash of colour thing is great - I'm off to investigate.
I have arrived to cheer you up. Please put a kettle of water on the stove to heat up because I have brought with me some delicious tea, the best cookies that you have ever tasted, and brownies that we won't even begin to be able to eat only one. And we will sit and chat about happy things, and things that make us smile. And it's okay if you have to shed a tear or two while you share happy memories of your friend that just passed away, because that will make you feel better. You have the happy memories, and I just know your friend would want you to smile as you remember them. Please pass the virtual tea, and thank you, I think I will take one more brownie.
ReplyDeleteOh Hun...how sad. I can imagine how rotten time is for you right now, but your lovely friend will live on within you all and before long you will be able to think of the happy times that made you laugh out loud when you were together and a smile shall creep across your face, I'm sure of it.
ReplyDeleteThese winter nights that have started to draw in make me feel all cosy and tonight I have rushed home to put my jimmy jams on and snuggle up...with the internet, you can take comfort knowing that we are all sat here with you, snuggled up together. Take care sweetie. See you soon. xxx
So sad about your friend. My sweet cousin died five years ago aged forty & leaving very young children. Her husband and the children came to my mum's 80th birthday celebration in may & it was wonderful to see them.
ReplyDeleteLots of bloggers are struggling with the dark evenings so are blogging about bright things - a good idea.
I felt very very low in the summer & blogged about it - the comments I received from blogger friends were very comforting & encouraging. I'm totally fine now so hope you start to feel much better & can look forward - sometimes difficult to do when you are struggling.
We are all here for you xx
This time of year with its dark mornings and evenings does lower the spirits - never mind having gone though what you have this year as well as losing a dear friend - no wonder you feel down. Take things easy, look after yourself, snooze away the afternoon if you want to - it is all a gentle healing process:)xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I'm so very late in coming over to visit, I'm struggling with darkness too a bit, and my mum is acting very out of character it's been a worry. I'm sure it's a real 'count your blessings' time for those of us who are struggling, but you have faced so much loss and illness it's no wonder you are feeling low. Colour is definitely a good idea, and brightness! My friend was staying at the weekend and we were both feeling a bit miserable and decided a trip to IKEA to buy some new lights might be a good ides - neither of us have been yet but I think fairy lights are the thing to aim for for me, perhaps even some of those pink and fluffy ones, although I don't think I'll be allowed any! Candles are good for making it seem a bit cosier too. Do hope you find more joy in your days soon. xxxx
ReplyDelete