Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Wednesday, 24 November 2010

This is my








This weeks theme is : Home

I've chosen this photograph, which is the view I see when I drive home.














Our house is at the bottom of this hill on the banks of the River Dee, which sounds lovely, but is sadly just marshland where we live. We have to drive down a steep winding road, and we have views of the Welsh hills on the other side of the Dee.
Sometimes the river is silver as the sun shines on it ... sometimes there's a high tide and the marsh is covered with water ... sometimes the hills are shrouded in mist and it's as though Wales has vanished .... sometimes in winter we can see snow on the top of  Moel Famau and we're thankful it hasn't reached us ... at night the lights twinkle on the hills ... it's always different, always changing.
No matter where I've been, away on holiday or just to work, this view says 'home' to me ... I've lived here for 26 years now, and it 'gets' me every time!

What says 'home' for you?

Next week's theme is: Happiness

12 comments:

  1. Wow - what a view. You've taken a lovely photo.

    I'm not feeling all that Homely at the present, which is probably due to the fact that we're renting at the moment, but I'm sure that when we finally get a house, I'll be able to unpack all our possessions, hang photos on the walls again and it'll start to feel like our first proper family home together.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. having troubles laving comments ... what a lovely view you have to come home to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely portrayal of your home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view! I feel at home when I cross the town line and I see sheep on the right, cows on the left, goats on the left, cows on the right - I live in a farming community and it's just very relaxing to see these beautiful working farms as I come home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your view, and if there wasn't an ocean separating us, I would drive over this morning to take a look in person. Lovely!! I know how you feel though, I have a beautiful lake that I see every time I drive into town. I never get tired of its beauty. Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The view is beautiful. I guess that any of the London landmarks say 'home' to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment - it was fun to join. I went abroad to escape chronic shyness & a dead end job - it sort of snowballed from there ! ( really I'm a homebird )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home means two things to me.Firstly the town of Mold where we have lived since 1972.The children were both babies when we moved here from an industrial northern town.Even now driving down into Mold and seeing the hills around still thrills me and I am just so thankful we live in such a brilliant place.Secondly it is having the family home to our house.it just isn't the same with just C and myself but as soon as the door opens and the children/grandchildren come in it becomes "home" and alive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoy Bath kathy.. we went to the christmas market last year, its so atmospheric, takes you right back to childhood and all the wonderful christmas memories......just spent a very enjoyable half hour catching up with your blog as always

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful view - you are so lucky to be happy with the place you live. I guess the house we live in is my home but the area it's in isn't if that makes sense:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo - I'm just over those hills in Ruthin. When we've been somewhere over your way I love being able to see Moel Fammau in the distance knowing my little house is waiting there for me. I'll try to post my link tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking part! What an amazing view!

    I keep my linky box open for a few days, so if you wanted to do your post on a Wednesday and link up on mine then you'd be more than welcome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails