Art Journal
Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula
(otherwise known as the Wirral)
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula
(otherwise known as the Wirral)
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
I survived!
It was the big day today ... my return to the world of work, albeit just for a morning.
To say I was dreading it, is an understatement ... as I've loved every minute of being at home for the past five months ... but all good things come to an end and bills have to be paid.
I didn't sleep well, and kept waking and dozing from the early hours ... nerves getting the best of me. I always feel like that on the first day of term, even after all this time, and I drove in with real butterflies in the pit of my stomach.
I was dreading being the centre of attention, with upwards of 30 people all asking how I am. I find it hard to talk about how I am ... because I still don't know who I am anymore, never mind how I am. It's a very strange feeling!
But it was nice seeing my friends again ... lots of hugs from everyone, even the chair of governors... and when I went out to meet my class, they cheered. Their parents were lovely and seemed to be happy I was back.
Once I was back in my room it all seemed to come back to me, and I set about learning a whole new set of names. My class are very sweet seven year olds and we had a very pleasant morning doing maths and literacy.
Before I knew it, it was lunchtime and I was ready to go home ... I'd survived!
I feel much more positive about it all, now that the first hurdle has been crossed. Next time it will be much easier to deal with and hopefully, before I know it, I'll have forgotten I was ever away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahhhh well done you! That is good news :)
ReplyDeleteH x
Your right, before too long it will be as if you have never been away!
ReplyDeleteGlad it went well, but take it easy.
love
Lyn
xxx
((hugs)) well done hun.....
ReplyDeleteTake each step as they arrive.
Karen x x x
Today is your lucky day. Your name was chosen as the winner of the Dedham Pottery Vase. Please stop by my blog and email me your information. So happy your day went well and hopefully got a little better with this news!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteI am new to your blog and I just love it. I am so glad you are better and congratulations for getting through your first day back at work.
I live in Ontario, Canada and I hope you check out my blog!
I am so pleased that your morning went well.
ReplyDeleteThis is a busy time to go back with all the christmas things going on. Take care of yourself Lesley.x
What a lovely welcome you had.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased that all went well. Make sure you have plenty of rest now before the next one!
Lisa x
Brilliant news!! You'll soon feel you've never been away ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteGreat news - you must be so pleased to have jumped that first hurdle. Sounds like you had a wonderful welcome back:)
ReplyDeleteThis is great news - well done. x
ReplyDeleteThats great Kathy - I'm so pleased for you. xxxx
ReplyDeleteWELL DONE YOU ! you must be so tired but very happy.
ReplyDeleteBIG HUGS, every trip into work will get easier and easier. x
ReplyDelete