Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Thursday, 11 November 2010

Armistice Day


I've been appalled by the fuss in the media about wearing poppies ....

it's such a small thing to do to show we care.

We must never forget!

5 comments:

  1. Ive been wearing mine all week - but I am the only one at work who has. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree with that sentiment....we must never ever forget.
    Just popped by to say all the best with your tentative steps back into work...teaching is a very demanding and absorbing job, and I know when I took maternity leave from teaching, the thought of going back was always a bag of mixed emotions, but once there I stepped back in and thoroughly enjoyed it. Watch that you don't get 'swallowed up', and try and take it very easy. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. My father was was a WWII veteran and I believe it is important to remember their sacrifices as well as all men and women who serve their countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up with your posts.
    It is wonderful news that you are able to return to work in such a staged way.I wish you well for next week. Lots of emotions to deal with.
    Love the knitted teddies!
    Take care
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. I hope the manager of " that shop " gets reprimanded - but they are notorious for poor ethics - Jess told me she'd heard that a handicapped employee was kept hidden in the stock room.
    One of Jess's friends only has one arm but she works weekends on the tils at Waitrose. She is lovely, polite & friendly & I would be outraged if anyone had a problem with her working there ( and so would she & her friends !!! )
    I've told Jess to boycott " That shop " - it's near us in Southampton !!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails