I've just returned from a wonderful weekend in Newcastle where my lovely girl lives. She had lots of nice things planned for us to do:
A visit to Raspberry Bazaar ... a cornucopia of colour
The shop is packed to the rafters with the most amazing 'stuff' ... it's a feast for the eyes!
Later, a drive up to Alnwick to visit Barter Books ...
wall to wall bookcases filled with treasures. Each time we go, I find I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of books. I was determined to find something this time.
A meal at the Mussel Bar in Newcastle. We were defeated by the enormous size of the portions.
Sunday morning down at the Quayside ... we rushed through the little market and across the Millennium Bridge to the Baltic, to get out of the howling wind.
Lunch at Yo Sushi in Fenwicks ... the chopsticks were not so easy to manage!
Jelly Bean shoes
I love wandering the Food Hall in Fenwicks ... we don't have anywhere like this near home. Their shelves are stacked with wonderful things, from sweets and cakes, to bread and cheese, and barrels and jars of alcohol!!!!
However, I left the very best thing till the last ... the whole reason for being there in the first place ...was for this!!!
The opening night of the Take That Progress Tour at Sunderland's Stadium of Light .....the first time that Robbie Williams had been on stage with the rest of the band for 15 years.
It was incredible!!!
(and deserves a post to itself another time).







Argh, am I the only person in the North East who doesn't have Take That tickets?! Grrr!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, esp the ones in Tynemouth, love Raspberry Bazaar!!! :)
No, I've not got tickets either :-( my cousin is going and my bf is going and a million other people I know!!!! Ah well AND I still haven't been to Tynemouth station - soon though- the seed has been laid with hubby!!!
ReplyDeleteReally wanting to travel up for a stay in Tynemouth, another blogger posted about Tynemouth last week. That market looks fantastic x
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a most wonderful weekend Kathy. The photos are fantastic - especially the jelly bean shoes! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a jam packed weekend. And what a way to top it all off!
ReplyDeleteLisa x
What a feast of colour, love all the photos from bazaars and shops, you packed a lot into your weekend!
ReplyDeleteSue Xx
Kathy, you guys do the most fun things. You are always out and about some place exciting and wonderful. I would have loved to have seen Fenwicks Food Specialties and of course the book store. Your daughter is lovely and it looks like a great weekend was had by all.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a super weekend away, Kathy - I love all your photos - even the mussells :(! Looking forward to hearing about the Take That concert:)
ReplyDeleteI've only been to Newcastle once to visit the museum but I must go back sometime, my daughter has been often and says it's a great place.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun, and I'm jealous that you got to see Robbie Williams!
ReplyDeleteFinely after 5 days I can comment!!!
ReplyDeleteI saw about the concert on the news it does look incredible, and the props looked so big.
I can't believe its 15 years!!!
Jan
Lovely weekend and such nice things you guys got up to.
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant weekend Kathy!!!! Love those jelly bean shoes. Have great half-term. Ros
ReplyDeleteBarter Books is one of my favourite shops in the world. I spent a fortune last time I was there.
ReplyDeleteNow if I'd known you were coming here I would have said Hi .... we can hear the concerts from our house . No tickets unfortunately though :-( and I never knew Newcastle had a mussel bar hmmm
ReplyDeleteLove the jelly bean shoes. not been to the Tynemouth market but it looks great fun. Pleased yo had a good weekend and topped off by THE cocert. well done you x
ReplyDeleteoh how jealous I am about the concert.... and how I love Barter books, what did you you buy/barter? x
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! Looks like you had a fab time. One of the girls at work was at the opening night in Sunderland too - she said it was amazing!! x
ReplyDeleteGreat post Kathy - I'm now feeling homesick and can't wait until the summer holidays when I'll be going to stay with my sister. I just love love love the North East - it's still my home and when I go back on holiday I always say I'm going home!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust been to Cornwall for a week and will be posting about it soon - had a bloggy meet too!
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I've just seen Take That in Manchester - they were fab weren't they!
ReplyDelete