Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Monday, 2 May 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 16

It's been fabulous  here on the P.P. The weather has been stunning, we've only had three days in work and we've also had one or two celebrations going on! A pretty perfect week!
113/365
A sundial in the gardens at Erddig
114/365
After going without chocolate for the whole of Lent, there's too much temptation in the house today!
115/365
The old driveway to Thornton Hall, once home of Lord Lever of Port Sunlight fame.
116/365
First batch of bookmarks for a fundraising event in June

117/365
An outbreak of Royal Wedding fever hits one of our infant classrooms!
118/365
Far from the madding crowd .... evening walk at Derwentwater
119/365
As we had chosen to make the most of our lovely long May Day weekend, I was resigned to not seeing the Royal Wedding ... so I was more than delighted to discover it was being shown on a big screen in Keswick market place. I stayed to watch while Mr B. went visiting all the climbing shops at a leisurely pace. I don't know who this woman was, but she was in my way!!!

10 comments:

  1. Another lovely set of photos, they tell the story of your week. I really love the Old Driveway, it looks so lush!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bookmarks look great, bet they all sell!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for lovely comment kathy....had a very enjoyable catch up with your posts....i miss my old life( bit dramatic, i know) ella x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so pleased you managed to see the wedding after all. I thought perhaps you didn't want to see it but it was spectacular wasn't it?
    Last time I was in Keswick there was a juggling chainsaw man, very scary..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweet little bookmarks! Ha ha, glad to hear you got to see some of the wedding after all. I'm not really a great fan, but I insisted that we travelled up to Manchester straight after school on Thursday (we arrived at 10.30p.m.!), rather than spend five hours travelling on Friday and miss seeing any of it :-) Ros

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed these photos ~ and how special that you were able to share the royal wedding on the big screen in Keswick. The proceedings started at midnight here so I saved it to my PVR and have been watching it in the evening ... two different coverages, which enables me to skip forward, pause, etc. :) Your bookmarks are attractive and look like fun, the eggs look very tempting, the walk along that driveway seems to have a lovely glow -- perhaps it is quite magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fundraising event is going to be very successful if those bookmarks are anything to go by, they're wonderful. I love the classroom, I bet the children were at fever pitch. Hope your hospital appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Easter. The weather here (Ontario, Canada) has been very rainy, they are saying we may get some sun this week end. Oh well when it rains I more time to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Kathy, Penny from The Hen House recommended that I stop by your blog because I commented on how much fun the Scavenger Hunt looks. Can I come and join the gang?

    Right then, I have got my camera at the ready .... what do I need to do with it?! ;-)

    P.S. I am now one of your eager beaver new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photo of Derwentwater is stunning. It looks so peaceful. You are lucky that you can get there so easily!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails