The weather was perfect as we left our little van tucked away on a site in Low Manesty woods, and we headed towards Langdale... to walk up to Pavey Ark.
This was the very first walk I did with my husband, after we'd been seeing each other for a few weeks ... the weather was freezing ... it must have been December ... and I'd never done anything like it in my life before, apart from a few geography school trips. On that day, every time I struggled, he kissed me to encourage me to carry on further (well it worked then and I did make it to the top, and that day is a fond memory of our early times together! Aahh! I wondered what our our 20 year old selves would have made of us as we tried to re-create our youth. Would they have been encouraged that we are still very much together, not quite in tip top condition after all what's happened to us since we hit 50, but still out in the hills. Would they have sniggered at the clothes we we wearing now ... with Mr B, cap turned back to front to keep the sun off his thinning hair, and my comfortable trousers.The biggest surprise of all would be our caravan and not the tent that Mr. B favoured in those days long ago!
Anyway, for the last few years we kept saying we should do Pavey Ark again, but it is a bit steep, to say the least.
With my setback last year, I was determined I was ready to complete a big walk.... and I did. It wasn't easy, I really struggled in the steeper sections, but when I looked around, so was everyone else.... it wasn't just me!
Spurred on, I made it to the top!!! Slowly, but I got there! And when I did, he kissed me! So sweet!
After a long steep climb, you are rewarded with the huge Stickle Tarn, which Inca needed to swim in as usual.
A rare photo of me to prove I did it ... just had to get down again!
Back at the car it gave me such a feeling of satisfaction that I was able to complete this after all that went on last year.
What's next .... bring it on!
xxx


Congratulations on such a feat! (Both feet, actually ;) Wonderful to reminisce as well on such a memorable event, topped off with a kiss :) Your camping vehicle looks super!
ReplyDeleteWell done you.
ReplyDeleteWell done and what a romantic story x
ReplyDeleteLooks like you 'camp' in style :)
Well done on your climb :)
ReplyDeleteWe've not been to the Lakes for years now. On our last visit the teens were only 3 & 5 - however they both made it up Hellvelyn and were very proud of that achievement.
Well done.What an achievement.Snowdon next?
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! I'm so proud of you after all you've been through! You inspire me!
ReplyDeleteYour story reminds me of a similar one that my husband and I still laugh about. It was an unexpected climb, not as steep as yours, but I had pumps on! LOL!!!
What a beautiful area. Thanks so much for sharing. I feeel relaxed just looking at your lovely photos. Ros
ReplyDeleteWow, well done - no wonder you are pleased to have completed such a super walk; the scenery looks wonderful:)
ReplyDeleteWell done Kathy, I knew you could do it!!!
ReplyDeletea few of us are doing Race for Life in July, I had better get doing some training!
love
Lyn
xxx
Fantastic! You've done it, a real challenge as if last year wasn't enough. Onwards and upwards from here on in xx
ReplyDeletewell done you!...ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!Glad you had a nice time over here.. (sadly today my mum has been diognosed with breast cancer) breast to be taken off on 18 may so a crappy day over in cumbria today for us..
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics - it's rare you get a day as clear as that over there! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that walk! But that climb up the first bit is really steep isn't it?! Like a really long rocky staircase! I seem to remember there was a very welcome pub at the bottom - is it still there? Looks like you had a lovely day x
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your beautiful walk and achievement. Well done to you! The view from the top is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing what you get up to next.
Anne xx
You need a medal! - stunning views and the surrounding country-side is ever so pretty - it reminds me of my walks in the Lakes District.
ReplyDeleteWell done. What a romantic story behind it too.
ReplyDeleteYou lovely pair of old romantics! Keep up that kissing! xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteAaaah,that is sooo sweet! What a lovely romantic story,and well done on achieving your goal and getting up there,it's a great feeling isn't it?
ReplyDeleteThey'll be no stopping you now! :0)
lovely post! full of sunshine hope and achievement! beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteJust popped across from Rosie's, following up your comment! Chatsworth Caravan Park is in Baslow, so you will be tw minutes walk from Avent Garde, & the Church yard & 5 Little Duck Post Office. There are some lovely village pubs & a sweetshop/tearooms on Goose Green.
Its worth going up to Curbar Gap (next Village on) for some of the most breattaking views of the local villages (I did a post called 'Tea on the Tops' accross at mine).
Hope you have a lovely time, it sounds as if you deserve it!
Lx