Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 11 March 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 10

Mad busy in work this week, getting ready to move back in to my classroom. I've spent every spare moment chivvying the builders up ... they'll be glad to see the back of me. Why do men never clear up after themselves? There's sawdust and grout all over my lovely new carpet!!!!! Grrr!

64/365
A bonfire with our neighbours ... the first this year.
We sit around the fire, laughing and chatting ... glass of wine in hand!
65/365
I've been waiting to put red tulips in my Dedham Pottery vase ... a giveaway sent to me by Susan from Beyond My Kitchen Window in December.
66/365
Fairtrade Week in school. We make some Rocky Road cakes with Fairtrade chocolate.
67/365
Why do we only make pancakes once a year?
68/365
This poor Canada Goose lost the rest of the flock and landed on our school roof this morning ~ (we have a rooftop playground ... I suppose that needs a whole post to explain!!!) It was there all day and wasn't a bit put out when the infant classes came up to visit. Not something you see everyday in our inner city school. The RSPCA say it will fly off when the wind drops. Fingers crossed!
69/365
Another vase ... this one was a bargain in a local card shop. Only £1.49! 
It's coming to live on my desk in the new classroom.... filled with daffodils.
70/365
















Moving back in day ....  utterly stressful and chaotic, but by the end of the day all the children's tables and chairs were in the right place. Just got to sort everything else out now! You have no idea how much 'stuff' the average primary classroom contains!


P.S. The goose flew away over night .... thank goodness!

17 comments:

  1. Love the vase...and those cookies look so good:)
    Glad he flew away...did you send him back here?:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have an idea how much stuff a classroom contains! I've been there when the builders have been in and have had to help with classroom organising afterwards!

    Look at is as a good opportunity for a clear out and a tidy! Our classroom is so much better for it!

    It is hard work though, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stripey vase- what a bargain. I'm also glad to hear that the goose went on his merry way.
    I grew up in a house when we only ate pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. I suppose that it made them taste extra good, having to wait all that time for the treat... but I'm rebelling! I have elected birthdays, amongst others, as suitable alternative occasions to eat them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I was with Susan when she bought that vase! I'll have to let her know you posted a photo of it! Great vase for your daffys! I love that the kids were baking using fair trade products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, congratulations on being able to return to your classroom. What a huge accomplishment to get all the furniture back in there, and now onto the other 'stuff' ~ yes, I know it's a crazy amount! I hope you are able to get your new carpet cleaned properly after all that mess. Geesh!
    The beaming face of the child holding the baked goods tells the tale :) Sitting around a campfire with friends sounds lovely, and your tulips and new vase are awesome. I hope you show us when you put daffodils in it. As an aside, I have a Dutch friend who told me that she makes a little vertical slit in the stems of the tulips just below the flower which helps them last longer. Have you ever heard of that? I googled and found this site:
    http://www.flower-garden-bulbs.com/how-to-get-cut-flower-tulips-to-straighten-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor lonely goose. So glad he flew away. Your vase looks lovely. I have my same vase filled with yellow tulips. Great minds think alike. I am getting ready for another give away and Dedham Pottery is an obvious choice. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Rocky Road cakes look delicious, I bet they didn't last long. We didn't have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, but we do have them quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that boy with the cakes....he looks so proud...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely photos, especially the one of the bonfire, sounds like a good evening was had by all!! Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd have paid to see you chivvying burly builders!! I love the idea of the bonfire. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set of photos that tell the tale of your week, well done.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you can get back in to your lovely classroom. The rockyroad looks a success !

    Love the bonfire pic - our neighbours have a cast iron fire pit to sit round with vino too. We had a fire last year after a BBQ to burn off the dead wood from some shrubs. We hadn't had a bofire for years. I got a nasty comment on my blog about "hey as long as you enjoyed yourself at the Earth's expence" ! I was shocked

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that stripy vase - what a bargain! Thanks for your comments over at mine - Morocco was a great place, definitely one to keep on your list! And thanks for the support re errant teenager - today is 'try to make a bit of a new plan' day! Will let you know how we get on! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pictures - and good to hear that the goose got back on his/her way!

    I bought my DH a fire basket for his birthday - we havent had a chance to try it yet do to all the wet weather, but hopefully with spring just around the corner we will soon put it to good use.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics! Hope you get settled in and sorted out very quickly. I can't even begin to imagine moving out of my room. Every cupboard is rammed full of everything anyone could ever need! Hope you have a good week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww fab post! daughter is cooking biscuits with her class this week, African animals! what a job getting some cutters this weekend, good old Asda came up trumps with a selection of animals well.., horse =ZEBRA bird =PARROT you get the picture,the class then sells them at a coffee morning how cool is that! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the red tulips and the bonfires sound like great fun!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails