Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 28 January 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 4

What have I been up to this week?
Nothing exciting really .... hence some very boring photos!

22/365
A walk along The Leete at Loggerheads, Clwyd

23/365
A long last my son decides to sort out his room ... 
all traces of his childhood have gone to the tip!

24/365
Last week's hyacinth is disappointing ... 
too pale, too floppy and no perfume

25/365
8.00 a.m. at the Mersey Tunnel toll booths on a rainy Tuesday


26/365
St John's gardens and the rear view of St George's Hall, Liverpool city centre.

27/365
Mr B. and Inca coming across the field after their evening 'walkies'.

28/365
I discovered this pebble on my walk this afternoon. Intrigued, I went to the website and found it was in memory of a young boy who had died from a brain tumour. So sad ... but what a lovely idea, apparently his family leave pebbles like this everywhere they go.




7 comments:

  1. Love the pebble idea, very touching x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sad but lovely idea..the stone l mean.xthanks for sharingx lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Another weeks worth of photos, the pebble is a lovely idea.
    I have not done well with my scavenger hunt, how about you? hope you realise everyone is looking to you for the list for February too!!!!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh that pebble is a touching story. xxx

    love the St Georges Hall photo, I went to a summer ball there Many year ago xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to remember their son, but how very sad. As for clearing traces of your son's childhood, that tugged at my heartstrings as my own son is growing up far too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stone is an original and touching tribute. I must admit I still have quite a few of my childrens' things still up in the loft including their baby bath - the eldest will be 38 this year:) I kept some things because I regretted getting rid of all my own childhood things, all I have left is a book I won for the Obstacle Race at my school Sports Day in 1953. Actually my younger son was very ill when he was in his early 20s. I went up in the loft and brought down his old teddy bear and offered it to him without saying anything. His hand came out from under the bedclothes and Jonathan Bear disappeared into bed with him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your collection of pics.

    the pebble is so moving ❤

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails