Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 29 January 2011

Photo Scavenger Hunt ~ January


My collection of photographs for the January Scavenger Hunt .... I found some of these quite a challenge.


An abandoned building
An old builders yard destroyed by fire many years ago

Stained Glass

Liverpool's Metropolitan Cathedral


Goldfish
At Waterworld Pet Store on the Chester High Road

Yarn
in John Lewis

Playground Equipment
The nursery playground at school... on a foggy day.

Library
The new state of the art public library in Newcastle

A tombstone over 100 years old
Dated 1883, in St Peter's Churchyard, Heswall


My Front Door
That step needs a coat of paint!

A reflective surface (not a mirror)
a large pot at Gordale Garden Centre

Something out of place
Hideous 21st Century signage outside Liverpool's Victorian museum

Nature
Even after the harshest of winters, nature still finds a way ....

Bubbles
At Waterworld Pet Store


24 comments:

  1. Great photos! I haven't taken part in the scavenger hunt, but I'm really impressed by those that have, I don't think I could have found everything! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed.I don't think I am going to make it.I just havn't got enough yet.I'll try harder next month!Hope school is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had lots of fun collecting my photos and will enjoy looking at the ones other people have found. Can't wait for next month's list to come out.
    I've just posted mine.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, you did well to find everything. I started to take part but found the tombstone over 100 years old hard to find and gave up x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Kathy, I've enjoyed looking at them and also taking part. I've posted my photos today but couldn't get my head around the link thing - sorry:) Looking forward to February's challenge now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did well finding everything. I haven't taken part but I'm looking forward to seeing each months posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've posted mine on Flickr and off to investigate the Linky thing now.Looking forward to Februarys list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely set of photos for January - love the bubbles & the abandoned building looks very atmospheric. This was fun to do thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't you do well as Bruce would say!
    I've still got a couple to do,hoping to finish tomorrow.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours of the stained glass - stunning! Half term is three weeks off for me! But the thought makes me happy too! Have a good week! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good evening! What fun I've had looking at all the Scavenger Hunt photos. Such a fun idea. I've joined in the 365 from a link on my blog, but I guess I knew that I'd never manage this one too. Still, I'm really enjoying looking at different people's interpretations. Hope you have a good week. Ros (3 weeks to half-term! can't wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your imagesx I am going to put up the ones l took before camera broke!!!! Start next month with it mended l hopexxhope it is ok just to put the images up l have managed to do in the time space!!Lynda
    http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That stained glass is just lovely, very modern. I'll be posting mine tomorrow. Looking forward to next months :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so many wonderful shapes and textures and plays of light. i particularly like the fishes with the lovely watey reflections. you are an inspiration.

    wishing you a lovely 1st week in february

    warmest hugs

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was just the most fun! Love your photo choices. I started late, and only "cheated" on the goldfish photo, but have enjoyed the whole process. Love our fish photos...all of your photos, actually! Amazing what differences/similarities we're seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some great photos. I've just posted mine today. Nothing like leaving the taking of them until the last moment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I uploaded my set yesterday! I found January's list very challenging as I've had my first ever attack of winter blues and not gone out anywhere for a lot of the month, but I did enjoy the challenge and am really looking forward to seeing the next list!

    What is the linky thing that some people have mentioned in the above comments?! Perhaps I missed something in a previous post?

    I love your unusual stained glass photo

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your reply, I have added myself to the list now.


    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that modern take on stained glass, and in the case of the museum, I have to agree with you, here modern and old do not mix. I can see by your list of comments, it will take me sometime to look through all the entries for this month! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great fun and looking forward to February's search list. I enjoyed seeing photos from all over the world, too and the choices that were made :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great set of photographs beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I must do the next challenge. Too much fun, looking at all the photography. Great post Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great set of photos - quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Kathy, I hope you don't mind me joining in on the tail end of the Photo Scavengar Hunt. My family and I went out and about on the weekend to catch up on the January list. I have just posted a blog this afternoon with the photo's for January. Thank you so much!!! It was loads of fun and I'm excited to now search out the items on February's list. God bless you and your family. With love and care from Kerrie. xOx PS: I wasn't sure how to do the link within.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails