Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Getting back to normal

The early days of January are calling us to get back to some  kind of normality.
Those lazy, 'lounging around days' of Christmas are over
The decorations are down ...
the house has been tidied
all traces of the Christmas season are hidden away till next year.


Shopping has been done ... normal food has been bought.
No more indulgences! No chocolate, mince pies or fancy cheese.
The washing is done and I've been wading through ironing today ... oh dear!

Gradually, life on the P.P. is getting back to normal ...
Mr B's back is healing slowly and he is able to walk again after a week of agony ...
just in time to return to work!

... and my bag is packed for work too!


My lovely, cosy days at home are finally over.

I'm expecting to be very busy as the job takes its hold again, so I may not get as much time in Blogworld as I would like. I will try to read everyone's news but may not get the chance to comment as much as I did before!

But hey .... it's only six weeks till half term! I can cope with that!

15 comments:

  1. Hope it goes well.Don't overdo it.Good luck.I am sure the children (and staff) will be thrilled to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are back tomorrow and I am getting my bag ready tonight. I have blogged about the photo challenges and mentioned your post too so thay's a commitment then! I will have to do it now!
    Good luck at work and hope your hubby is fighting fit.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well for you in your return to work.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Kathy! Hope all goes well this week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure the next few weeks will fly by Kathy. My husband has been ill all over Christmas and New year and getting better to return to work tomorrow!!! Such a waste of a week!! I am glad that your husband is getting better and hope that your transition back into work is a gentle one! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is such a nice time for rest isn't it. I'm glad to hear that your husband is doing a bit better. I don't have everything put away yet, but I am working on it. I do drag my feet though to try and make it last just a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know the feeling.....bittersweet:)
    Happy working days ahead...and 6 weeks goes by in a blink!
    I like that bag.... about teachers:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Kathy and all good wishes for starting back to work.
    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lazy days between Christmas and New Year and hate it when it's all over. Hubby was back at work yesterday and the kids went back to school. It's a bit of a shock to the system to have a quiet house again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care of yourself. I'm starting the photo scavenger hunt - will we put all twelve pics up at the end of Jan ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck with your return Kathy. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Normal is nice isn't it? I confess I'm glad I can carry on staying at home rather than having to go back to work:) My teacher friend retired at Christmas and I think she feels the same way as I do! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am back in school today, so I have homework to do, but it sure is hard when there are so many lovely blogs to read. Hope the children are good to you!
    Happy New Year,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Kathy! Those 6 weeks will fly by ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do wish my job wouldn't get in the way of blogging too. I am going to do my best to join in with the Photo Scavenger Hunt, at least for January anyway! I've yet to clamber back into the loft with our decorations. Another job! I hope work isn't too bad once you get back. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails