Today in assembly, we lit the second candle on our advent wreath .... to symbolise PEACE.
There are two new symbols on the advent tree .... the word peace and a white dove.
I think Peace is the hardest thing of all to find in the run up to Christmas.
We give ourselves so many things to do ... shopping, decorating, cooking, cards and wrapping.
So much to do! There's not much peace around, is there?
In school we are frantic this week with the Christmas play on Wednesday.
This year, we have scaled it right back, with hauntingly simple songs, and less dialogue to learn.
The children seem to be actually enjoying it themselves, and we are less stressed.....
it's a little more peaceful all round.
We should have done it years ago!!!!
(You may have noticed that I've had to use images from Google for this post ....
in my rush to get to work today I left my camera at home .... grrr!)




I think it's lovely to work with children at this time of year. My teenagers (in a virtical tutor group from 11 -16) put up the little Christmas tree in my classroom this morning. I'm sure it's what I went into teaching for! Have a great end of term!
ReplyDeleteYay! Primary school Christmas madness! In a similar way of being chilled,in KS2, I organise the Christmas service (we don't do a play- we do lots of songs sequenced into the Christmas story with a script that runs alongside it- this time each bit of the story is told by newsreaders or correspondence from the Bethelehem news! It's so much easier than the madness! It's still 2 weeks (just under) till the Service and we've learnt all the songs and it's just a case of practising- I'm excited as one of the new carols I have written for it, which seemed a little too hard at first (with complicated musical structure and instrumental interludes), is definitely the best of the lot!
ReplyDeletePeace is so important at this time of year- I'm kind of feeling it in my heart at the moment, despite ongoing busyness!
Sounds like a lovely christmas play is planned. When my 2 were in primary school the older children (Y3 & 4) did a panto each year - little son always landed himself a big part with pages of lines to learn. Add to that the stressed teachers and one year an OFSTED inspection and I could see everyone desperate for term to end!
ReplyDeleteA simpler production sounds like such a good idea -- less stress on everyone is always the best way.
ReplyDeleteLovely to read your Christmas posts and be reminded to go slower. We are in a mad rush as it is lso the end of the school year and we're leaving on for holidays - should go slower.
ReplyDeleteI felt peaceful just looking at your photos. Good idea to simplify the play - I think that would probably add to the enjoyment and magic for the children:)
ReplyDeleteMy school keeps christmas simple these days too - just carol singing around a tree with each class performing their own song.Makes life much easier for all of us!
ReplyDeleteHave a good week - not long to go now!