Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Monday, 19 December 2011

Fourth pause in Advent

We lit our fourth candle on the advent wreath in school today.
It represents LOVE.


 We also lit the 5th candle because we won't be in school on Christmas Day..... thankfully!
We put the final symbols on to our advent tree ..... last of all a small pink heart, to remind us what Christmas is really about .... spending time with those you love.

I wish I could say that I have actually paused in Advent today .... but I'm a bit stressed to be honest!
We're going away tomorrow night after we finish school, so I'm madly trying to pack, tidy the house and bake a Christmas cake all at the same time.

My pause will come when we have our few days in the lovely city of York. We'll have time to wander through the old cobbled streets and visit the Minster. Hopefully Betty's tearooms too, if the queue isn't too long! The shopping is pretty much all done, so we can just take time to relax and enjoy the atmosphere, before we head home for Christmas with our family.

9 comments:

  1. How lovely to spend a few days in York at this time of the year. I'm a fan of Bettys too but it's the Harrogate one that I usually visit. Have you seen the mirror there where WW2 servicemen scratched their names on the glass? Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea at Betty's sounds like the perfect way to wind down ready for Christmas! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely. Wishing you a really lovely Christmas with family and friends. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore advent. We still light the candle every Sunday at lunch with the family, it's some what of a family tradition. I suppose it helps that my father in law is a minister!

    Enjoy your break hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we finished school last Friday!
    Hope you manage to relax and have w onderful time.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pictures. I do hope you have time to relax, and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy York.We were there earlier in the year.A great city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This time of year we rush around far too much and it is nice to try and teach the children to pause and think about the true meaning of Christmas. Have fun in York.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely Christmas Kathy, and don't forget to pause. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails