Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 23 December 2011

More from York

Here are a few more photographs from our short trip to York ....
Inside the Minster ....
The wonderful Chapter House....
Timbered buildings ....
Market day ....

Clifford's Tower ....
 Bettys! And our daughter who joined us for the day!


Christmas window shopping ....
Sparkly lights on the Shambles ....
The highlight of our visit was the service of the Nine Lessons and Carols at York Minster..... with the haunting voice of a lone chorister singing Once in Royal David's City sending shivers down my spine! Wonderful!

(Google images)

I'm ready for Christmas now!

2 comments:

  1. I bet the carol service was lovely. I'm going to listen to the service from Kings College later today. Happy Christmas to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did get to Bettys then! Hope you enjoyed it - lovely photos of a great city.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails