Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 2 December 2011

The Advent Swap

Way back in September I signed up to this year's advent swap organised by the lovely Lynda from  Hookin with LaaLaa
Three months ago, I thought I had all the time in the world to sort out the swap .... and had plans of lovingly created hand-crafted items to fill the box. Well, as you all know ... time vanishes into thin air .... along with my good intentions .... and so my swap parcel was been sent off without many of the hand crafted items I wanted to do.
I still had fun, though, thinking up little gifts that would give a true flavour of the season of Advent, so I hope my swap partner Carol from Little Red Crafting Corner will enjoy it.

Amazingly out of 44 possible swap partners, Carol comes from my home town of Liverpool .... and once lived very close to where I work.
Isn't it a small world!

This is what she sent me.
  24 lovely surprises all for me!


I've opened two so far ..... and I've been thoroughly spoiled!

I am so excited!!!!! 
It's like being a child again!

8 comments:

  1. I'm taking part this year.....isn't fab to have a pile of pressies just for you! Loving how you wrapped yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love this idea. I hope you enjoy opening each and every parcel!
    Thank you for this month's scavenger hunt and for the inspiration to keep us looking at the world with a different eye the rest of the year.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll do my darndest to do the alphabet in December! I also would absolutely love it if we could do it all next year too!!!
    Enjoy your pressies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea. How pretty your parcels look.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know exactly what you mean Kathy - just where did October and November go! I haven't got a single gift finished yet. Enjoy your advent - those parcels look really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a wonderful swap! Both sets of packages look so wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea! Can't wait to see a pic of all those little gifts. Not long to go now. School is crazily busy and home too!!!! We finish on the 16th, so I guess we go back several days before you. Have a good week. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fun idea. And both the pkg you sent and the pkg you received look like they could only be filled with the best of things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails