Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Thursday, 1 December 2011

Scavenger Hunt December Special

Welcome to the last Scavenger Hunt of 2011. 
Before I go any further, I would just like to thank every single person who has taken part in my little game this year. 

What started off as a diversion to keep me amused, has grown into something truly amazing!!! 

I can't believe how so many of you have taken it to your hearts and have published your collections faithfully at the end of every month ..... without you I would have fizzled out in February!

I have loved looking at everyone's interpretations of the same titles ... with so many similarities and differences from all over the country, and from all over the world!!! 
I promise I have looked at every collection I have seen published, 
even if I haven't always had the time to comment.
I have met so many new friends ... so many like minded people. 
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

I thought we might end the year with a challenge .....
How do you fancy a Christmas Alphabet ?
26 photographs .... or is that too many? 
Here's one to start you off!

I just thought that most of us will be snap-happy over the next few weeks anyway 
It shouldn't be too much trouble ~ should it?


Meanwhile, do you want to carry on with the Scavenger Hunt in 2012?
Or should we let it rest for a while ...... I'm open to your suggestions!

33 comments:

  1. It was such a brilliant idea,the Scavenger hunt,and I like the sound of the Christmas alphabet! I don't think we will get snow over Xmas this year,as you say it can be very disruptive,but lovely if you don't have to get anywhere. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a challenge - I'm up for that - be interesting to see if I can find 26 things - I think with poetic license its possible ;)

    As for 2012 - I'm up for that if others are. I missed January because of all the family stuff but otherwise I've managed the other months even when stuck on the sofa.

    Thanks Kathy for all your hard work - its been fun - now I wonder what I can fix for X??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes do it again! I really want to take part!!!! Oh and in this alphabet thing, can I just take a picture of something beginning with that letter or do I have to put a letter with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, if I'm honest I was looking forward to a usual list of 12... christmas is so busy 26 seems very difficult! Can we have a choice?!!! A 'normal' list or an alpha-challenge?!!!

    As for next year, I've done every month so far this year and the last few have been a challenge so I don't think I would miss the hunt, but that said, if you do it again I wouldn't be able to resist taking part! Perhaps we could do a different photo challenge... not sure what though!! Perhaps other people will have more useful suggestions haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to carry on as it has become a real family event. ABC is going to be a challenge but what is life with out a challenge every now and then.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kathy for a brilliant idea for what everyone can do each month. Even though I haven't joined in every month I have thoroughly enjoyed it when I have x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, I was hoping to join you in the middle of this year but life got in the way, as it does, so if you're still going next year...I'm in. Perhaps I'll do Dec to Dec because this month sounds like so much fun....
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, thanks for organising it Kathy, I will be glad to see the back of the 365 project as I have really struggled these past few weeks but the scavenger hunt is a bit more forgiving! As for the Christmas Alphabet, might have to join that one! Are you sure you don't ind coming up with 2012 lists for the SH?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes christmas alphabet would be cool. I have loved the scavenger hunt and although I have not been able to do every month I have loved seeing everyone else's. I hope you can keep it going. thank you so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've missed Novembers as got no where near finished, but looking forward to this one, like you say it's a time of year where we are all snap happy. And I vote YES to a 2012 hunt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy,
    Yes, I'd love the scavenger hunt to continue next year. Also think the Christmas challenge is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in :) and thanks so much Kathy for hosting and organizing this fun monthly event. I, too have enjoyed seeing all of the other posts from around the world. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've loved the Scavenger Hunts and joined in at the last moment so many times when I vowed I wasn't going to !!! I'm keen if you are... and I'll give the abc a go too!
    Cheers
    and thanks for all your great leadership

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only just found out about this scavenger hunt, so I'm only in time for the last month! Boo! :( I'll take part in this alphabet christmas one though, sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes I'm definitely up for next year too, I only joined in April but I've really enjoyed it.

    ABC sounds great for December.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooooh, this sounds like a great challenge!
    I would personally love the scavenger hunt to continue, it has been such fun x

    ReplyDelete
  17. ABC sounds great fun!! I only joined in September and LOVE to take part in 2012, I think it's a wonderful idea! Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes me too am up for both the Xmas challenge and continuing in 2012 if you are ok with that. It has really challenged me at times but has made me think about things and notice things much more. Plus I am getting a new camera for Xmas so have to put it to good use!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your scavenger hunt's kathy even if i have missed the last few - the alphabet one sounds great so 'm off to get my thinking cap on!!!
    i'm having a streamline in the new year on what is achievable each month - photography is at the top of the list so count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm happy to continue into 2012 if you have the time to do the lists Kathy.

    Will also give the alphabet a go too - do they all have to be connected to Christmas or can they just be for each letter of the alphabet?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely want the hunt to continue!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm up for it...the Big List for December and whatever you come up with for the next 12 months! I didn't get started until February, and I missed one month when I was in a total funk because my kids were gone, but I'm got back to it and am ready to roll! Thanks, Kathy, for hosting this. It's been fun...and a little theraputic, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh oh did I join the wrong month or the right month? ^_^ I am a newbie and I will try to find the ABC of Christmas ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. We love doing the hunt on my dogs blog - but am worried about the alphabet challenge - given all the other jobs we have to do in December!!

    Please continue the hunt in 2012.

    Rubie and her mum.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, I'm in! I might do an Afrikaans alphabet...or even thrwo in some others as well, seeing as we have something like 9 official languages in SA. Or was that 11? Time to find out.
    Would love for it to continue. Don't know how you come up with the ideas!
    I's always interesting , as you sy, the different interpretations, and the seasonal differences between us down south and the northeners as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, a Christmas ABC -- that sounds awesome! I've been a terrible slacker -- only managing 7 months out of the past 11. I'll try to do better! And I do hope you'll continue in 2012 -- even if I don't manage every month, I love doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Firstly Kathy, thank you so much for all you have done with this challenge you have such enthusiasm and it has grown so much over the months. I've done them all so far and have thoroughly enjoyed it - struggled a bit sometimes to find things in time but it has been fun. The 26 photos will be a huge challenge but I will have a go - I may have to collage them as I'm getting pretty close to my limit on Picasa (time for a clear out I think!) As for 2012 - I'd join in again:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Christamas alphabet is a great idea - my brain is buzzing with ideas already!
    I'd love to do another photo challenge in 2012, whether its a scavenger hunt or something different. (I have no ideas on something different however!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Wow a challenge indeed but I am so up for a challenge, I like having something to get my teeth into :)
    I'd love to join in next year, I have really loved getting involved with this challenge each month, even if some months I haven't done as well as others, I have still enjoyed it. Thank you so much for arranging, I'm off now to get snap happy :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've attempted it for the last three months and failed dismally at the last moment....

    So I'll try for the ABC and yes - I'd love the chance to get one complete!

    Thanks for hosting. I promise I'll try harder next year.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the Alphabet idea!
    As for 2012 I'd love the scavenger hunt to continue, it's such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes, to more scavenger hunts! We really look forward to it! Off to find our ABC's!

    Wyatt and mom

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think I only managed to take part in one scavenger hunt but I did enjoy looking at everyone elses photos! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails