Radiotherapy ~ Day 25 (9:05) THE LAST ONE!!!!!
I've just returned from the hospital after having my last treatment ..
I can't describe the feeling of joy I have bubbling inside me!
It's like Christmas, and birthdays and the first day of the summer holidays and everything wonderful all mixed together!
I'm going to do today's blog later on ... I just had to share my happiness
My Hopes and Dreams for the next 365 days
Well, my '25 things in 25 days' challenge is finished. .... and I've reached my rainbow after all the rain on the way!
When I started this I was on Day 1 of my treatment and I felt as though I was in a dark tunnel with no way out .... I couldn't see the light at the end. Blogging every day has given me something to focus on away from the hospital appointments and some of the topics really made me think ...
and none more so than this last one ... about my hopes and dreams...
I hope this treatment has worked ... everything so far indicates that it has been successful ...
I hope this treatment has worked ... everything so far indicates that it has been successful ...
I hope I can learn to live without the word CANCER shouting in my head when I wake up every morning....
I hope I will be able to read an article or hear a news story about 'someone else's cancer' without losing confidence in my own recovery ...
I hope I remember all the wonderful things that happened to me in the past 4 months and not just the bad things.... above all the love of my family and friends who have been with me every step of the way....the lovely people I met at the hospital ....
and the kindness of people who I didn't know at all, but now feel like my friends ( yes, that's all you wonderful people in blogworld who took the time to read my ramblings and left such uplifting comments of hope and support)
I hope that I can remember to live for the moment ...
that it's the smallest things in life that can give you the greatest pleasure.
I hope that my life will be back to normal very soon ... returning to work (normally not something I'd be too excited about) but this time it will mean I'm well.... (but I hope I don't get bogged down again in the daily grind).
And my dreams ... well, they haven't changed
or near a beach...
... with a holiday home maybe in Paris
More realistically, I dream of a long uninterrupted summer holiday next year ... six weeks away with our caravan travelling through Switzerland and France.
And best of all ...
I feel that I'm able to have hopes and dreams for the future!





Huge hugs to you!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done - it seemed such a marathon at the start - and there it is - DONE!!! Well done Kathy - i'm proud of you xxxxx
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased for you! Congratulations on getting through your treatment with such great spirit.
ReplyDeleteI am genuinely very happy for you! You must be so relieved. x
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how hard all this has been for you, I'm so glad the treatment is at an end, hope you are going to have a great celebration! xx
ReplyDeleteYour joy and excitement is jumping off the screen and making me smile - you've reached that day that you couldn't even imagine all those weeks ago - congratulations:)
ReplyDeleteOh I am so happy for you, take it easy and put your feet up!
ReplyDeletelove
Lyn
xxx
What an inspiring post.The message of looking forward not back is something we should all do.Fancy you being so close to our house on your way back from Barmouth/Harlech etc.(see my previous comments).
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAlso shed a tear for you by the end of this post too,soppy date!
Take care
Lisa xx
Well done - you made it!! Now you need to relax, take good care of yourself and really enjoy life to the full!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy tomorrow knowing you are not at school. Enjoy the time for you now to recover properly and indulge your self with time to craft :)
ReplyDeleteHeather x
I am so happy for you that you have finally finished up your treatments. I am also so happy to see that you are in good spirits. I like your future plans and bright outlook. God bless.
ReplyDeleteI have been following your journey and am really happy to for you!
ReplyDelete