The photographer was in school today to take class photos.
He wanted to take the photos outside instead of in the hall as usual.
It was absolutely freezing!
"We've never had the school photographs taken outside before," we said.
"Is he mad?"
Then I remembered my own school photographs - and they were all taken in the playground.
This is a scrapbooking layout I did about my school days and my childhood ambition to become a teacher.
I'm the one in the middle - all buttoned up in my handknitted cardy. I'm probably eight in this snap.
I wonder if the children in my class will keep today's class photograph as long as I did!
All my old school photos were taken outside in the playground at the back of the school and sometimes in a garden near the school - there were only 35 of us in the whole school! Oh, I remember those knitted cardigans - I used to have a gold/mustard coloured double breasted one that Mum knitted, also a red one:)
ReplyDeleteI don't remember ever having a class photo doen, just the individual ones which are so dated by the hair and clothes!
ReplyDeleteYour scrapbook page is fab.
Lisa x
What a lovly post!! Brings back memories - you look angelic - were you???
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photograpsh and scrapbook pages!! such wonderful memories!! They were the days eh - when we all had hand knitted cardis and jumpers!!! Such a rarity today!!! I love this post!! Thank you!
ReplyDeletexxxx
I have a school photograph just like that! I had my hair in two pigtails, a buttoned up handmade cardigan and leather shoulder purse! Th school photo was taken in the hall though! The scrapbook layouts look really good.
ReplyDeleteThere were no group shots taken of us at primary. In the photos I have, I am either sitting on my own, or with my brother, and inside. Your post brings back memories of my brother's crooked tie, and my wonky plaits! Nice scrapbook page. x
ReplyDelete