This week at school we've been knocked sideways with the news that one of our colleagues has breast cancer, and will have her operation next week. It certainly puts life into perspective.
Today we decided that the whole staff are going to enter our local Race for Life in July. We all feel so helpless, and need something to do to show our support, (and raise some money at the same time).
We are planning to run, or walk, or push babies in prams around the course, and then celebrate with a perfect 'pink picnic' in the park.
We've got lots of planning to do in the weeks ahead, costumes, food, some training maybe ....... but right now all our thoughts are with Ruth!

Good for you Kathy, I am so sorry about your friend. I ran it last year in memory of a much loved Father-in-Law and am so glad I did. I think I might do it again this year too. All my thoughts are for Ruth x
ReplyDelete