Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Tuesday, 16 February 2010

If you want rainbows ...

Not a good day today ..... my lovely girl is brokenhearted and I can't give her the big hug she needs. I know she'll be fine ... she's a strong independent young woman who deserves better  ... but phone calls are no substitute right now. She can't even come home for the weekend because we're off to Italy for a few days.
So, my love, this is especially for you - because you are an awesome girl, and we'll see you as soon as we can.
The Italy trip is another cause for a heavy heart ... because our beloved Inca has to go into kennels and I'm not happy. When we booked this jolly jaunt in September, the plan was that our lovely boy would stay home and look after her - but wouldn't you know,  he now has a 6th form trip to Berlin at exactly the same time. You just couldn't make it up!
We have booked her into a small homely kennels personally recommended by the owner of two labradors who love going there ... but I know how much she fretted when we left her in different kennels last February and it breaks my heart to think of it. She's just a big softie who loves her home comforts.

Still, life sends us these trials .... doesn't Dolly Parton say 'if you want rainbows, you gotta put up with some rain!'

On a more cheerful note :
Hope you all enjoy your pancakes later ... we like ours with sugar and lemon best of all!


6 comments:

  1. Oh broken hearts are hard to mend but talking to you will definately help and be a comfort. Sending Inca good Karma, she may love the new kennels fingers crossed. Have a lovely trip,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone enjoys their trips, that the kennel staying isn't too difficult and that the broken heart is soon mended.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope Inca will settle and not fret too much. I was just the same when we had to put our cats into a cattery - now we have lovely neighbours who care for them. I hope you have a wonderful break in Italy. We enjoyed our pancakes with squeezed orange juice:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! Thank you for leaving me a lovely comment! Yes, we are enjoyinhg Oscar very much. Our our son and his wife have been visiting for half-term, with their yellow lab, Scott. We've had such fun seeing the two of them together for the first time. Hero worship by 'little one' would be an understatement. Love your blog! I'll be popping back again soon,; getting to know you better. Enjoy your trip! :) Ros

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate broken hearts - big hugs and kisses to your daughter. We have looked at getting a dog in the past, and this is one of the biggest reasons why we have not. I know I would fret if we left one in kennels. Hope you are all soon ok - and that you have enjoyed your jaunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope that heart is mending? We always have lemon and sugar with our pancakes too! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails