Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Sunday, 7 February 2010

Happy Birthday Dad ... at last!


It was my Dad's birthday last weekend, but heavy snow in his locality prevented me from visiting. I finally managed to catch up with my parents today. Dad blew out his candles, (just the units these days in case of fire), and posed for photos.
I really don't get to see my Mum and Dad as much as I should ... sadly busy lives get in the way and I know that shouldn't happen, but it does.

Chatting to Mum today made me realise that they have so many stories to tell that will all be lost one day(though hopefully far off into the future), so I've suggested that we work together on a 'Heritage' scrapbook to record those memories and save her wonderful old photographs for future generations. Mum says she'll have to get her sister involved, because she's older and can often remember more things. Past experience tells me I won't get a word in edgeways when they get started. I think my Dad will go out for a very long walk!
It will be a lovely way of working on something special for our family.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll have to do something similar with my mum. She has some great photos (It all looks very Larkrise to Candleford) so I'm sure she'd love to do this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely idea.
    Happy belated birthday wishes to your dad.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails