My lovely girl and her best friend spent the best part of today on-line trying to get tickets for the Take That reunion tour next summer ... they were aiming for tickets for Sunderland (nearest my daughter), Manchester (nearest home) or London (nearest the best friend). The situation was desperate apparently, but at the 11th hour my daughter managed to get two tickets for Wembley .... hooray ... but before she had a chance to tell her friend she got an e-mail saying her friend's mum had got two tickets for Wembley too! But for a different night!!!!
So it looks like both mums will be going with them ....
We'd been planning a trip to London in the New Year anyway, so we're going to delay it until July and combine the two.
Now I can't honestly say that I ever liked Take That the first time around ... but now they are all grown up I quite like their recent music. In fact I have been known to play their CD's in the car. A friend of mine saw them last year and said it was the best gig she'd ever been too ... so it should be good!
I hope we've got a seat ... I'm a bit past standing for the whole thing! I may be the oldest there!

Lucky you - I bet it will be great. I bet you dont sit down for long either. xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteI bet you won't be the oldest there - I'm not a fan but I bet they put on a great show!
ReplyDeleteHow good is that! Something to look forward to for next year for you all. x
ReplyDeleteI haven't ever been a big fan of Take That, but have always appreciated their music. I like Robbie Williams' solo stuff the best. It was no mean feat to get tickets for the reunion. The girls must have been on the phones a long time! I like a boogie, so I would stand. Goes without saying you will have a great time! x
ReplyDeleteMy daughter thought she had missed out but then they announced on Loose Women that the computer had crashed earlier and there were still tickets available.I texted S who was driving across to Grimsby,she texted another f riend who then managed to get 8 tickets.They were pretty pleased.
ReplyDeleteYou'll love it Kathy.Our son keeps taking C to pop gigs and C says the worst thing is the standing up.he doesn't care about being the oldest there just thrilled that M wants to take him.You're young They will be loads there older than you I bet.
You'll have a great time I'm sure. I like quite a few of their songs - I think they are better now they are older - something to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have a brilliant time..lucky you,I would love to see them live!
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked my Autumn walk..and no..Bella didn't have a 'dip'! :o)
Ohooo lucky lucky you :0) I would have loved to go. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, so very lovely, We have haqd our ups and downs, but always get through and I would be lost at sea without him.
ReplyDeleteHugs
xx
Yeah I like them this time round too ! I have a lot of time for Gary Barlow - he's so modest.
ReplyDeleteMy brother & I were driving to a family funeral & had a Take That CD on & were singing along ! Must admit I have a couple of cd's of Robbie's.
Hope you all have a fab time ! I want to see the Here & now tour - so 80s
Sounds like a great adventure!
ReplyDeletelucky you! I got to go to the last tour (my friend got tickets for christmas and she took me as my birthday present!). It was fantastic! you'll have a fantastic time! x
ReplyDeleteYou'll be too busy dancing to sit down!!
ReplyDeleteLisa x