Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Tuesday, 12 October 2010

October is Breast Awareness Month


There have been lots of posts in blogland about being 'breast aware', but to my knowledge nobody has mentioned mammograms.

If you are over 50 and live in the UK you should have regular mammogram appointments sent to you. If you haven't had one find out why!!! Make a fuss!

Never, ever, ever
miss an appointment!



I'm speaking from experience ...

The mammogram I had in May detected a lump so small, I couldn't feel it.
It was caught before it could do any further damage.
After 4 months of treatment I'm now well on the road  to recovery.
It hasn't been easy, but I'm here to tell the tale!
The earlier a cancer is caught, the easier it is to treat!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Lovely to meet you - thankyou so much for visiting my blog and joining the giveaway - and for adding it to your blog. I am sorry to hear about your tough year, but am so pleased you are out the other side. Looking forward to reading your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for message on blog feeling really feb up today which is so not like me.
    Love Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with you Kathy.I have been recalled twice after a mammogram but both times the lumps turned out to be cysts.it is a scary feeling and you have done so well on your journey to recovery.I have total admiration for you being so positive and looking it in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reminding us all about Breast Cancer. I always carry a link on my blog. Yes, everyone should attend an appointment for a mammogram. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails