Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Twice in one day!

We had a very special visitor in school today ... Father Christmas dropped by to give all our good little boys and girls a selection box. Clearly, he's been on the gin as he was looking a little worse for wear!!!! His facial hair is out of control. He needs to find a good barber!
And Santa's little helper in the grotto?
None other than the lovely Mr. B, who took photographs of 360 children to mark the occasion!
It is quite surreal when you are waiting for the 'magical moment' with your class ... and you can hear your husband shouting 'Next' ...and  'Hurry up!' or 'This one supports Everton, Father Christmas!'
Did you know that Father Christmas supports Everton too (as does Mr. B.), and promises lots of lovely presents to True Blues, but not the Liverpudlians!!!!
Later, a rather more dashing Father Christmas visited us at home... courtesy of the Heswall Round Table organisation. He'd obviously smartened up for the occasion because his beard was all nicely trimmed this evening.
Inca missed him as she was out for her evening stroll ...
a pity, because she does enjoy a good bark at strangers!
See last year's post here

Hot off the Press! Something even more exciting is happening on the P.P. at the weekend.... but I'm sworn to secrecy. Watch this space!!!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day was had by all!! Hope you have settled back at work ok (bet it seems like you have never been away!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Father Christmas does get around doesn't he?!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father Christmas come to us too yesterday at the nursery that I am a part time cook.Some loved him but not all it hard when you are only 3. He is coming back next week for the other children oh the babies do cry! Looking forward to seeing what you are up to at the weekend what ever it is enjoy, Love Lesley.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post Kathy - It really made me laugh. My other half is an Everton fan too and would have been saying the exact same things :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I bet it was magical in school yesterday, 360 excited children. I must check to see when Santa is expected to visit our street, the kids are a bit too old to tell him what they want now, but I'm sure Archie will like a good bark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine there was no reeling in the students after their visit with Father Christmas. Yesterday in class we were making Holiday Bingo Cards and the kids just burst out in song. It was the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great day at your school. Glad Father Christmas was able to fit in a quick trip to the barbers on his way between 'gigs':) The round table always used to collect around here too, I used to throw my small change into a bowl all year so I could put it in their bucket when they came up the street but for the last two or three years they have based themselves at Tesco and don't come round the streets anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You cant do that!! Thats not fair! I just cannot dtand suspense!!! We get Santa on Christmas Eve from our round table. The 18 year old and 15 year old are still wanting to go and chance their luck at grabbing some chocolate. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so magical in school at this time.I do miss it.When Santa was at my granddaughter's Xmas fair she was so pleased he had a notebook with him so she could tell him she would not be at her house but at her cousins in cambridge.Very important when you are 5.Sounds like an exciting weekend coming up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails