Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 17 December 2010

All the way from America!

I came home from shopping the other day and noticed a parcel on our doorstep. I wondered what it was, because all my internet Christmas shopping had already arrived and I couldn't think of anything else I'd ordered. Then I noticed the postmark. It was from America!
Then I remembered what it was ....
 Nestling in the protective packaging was this beauty ....
..... a Dedham Pottery Vase from New England.
It was a giveaway prize from

Isn't it lovely .... the little handpainted rabbit border is so sweet!

So  thank you so much Susan, it will take pride of place in our living room!

By the way, Susan's dog Bella could be Inca's twin sister!!!! They look identical!

7 comments:

  1. Oh How lovely!!!! What a nice surprise, and it's so pretty:)
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - what a fantastic prize to win. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats gorgeous - what a beautiful vase. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful. What a gorgeous giveaway prize, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so happy you liked your vase.I have the exact vase and it is one of my favorites. It looks nice with white or red tulips in it. My collection is large (25 years worth) and will be doing a post on it around Easter. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely rabbits as you say, and I like the crackle glaze. Hope you find the perfect flowers to put in it! Lucky you having all your internet shopping inside your house - we're still waiting for three parcels! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful vase; love the colours and the rabbits. It will look gorgeous with spring flowers in it:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails