Apologies for my lateness ... we've been away for the weekend.
I've found it really difficult to finish it this time, because I've been mad busy this month.... not just the start of the new term, but also getting our young man ready and off to uni in Aberdeen. So my photos are a bit boring to say the least, as they were nearly all taken indoors.
A public phone box, at Hadlow Road station along the Wirral Way
Back to school ... writing on the board on the worst day of the year for me. The first day back!!!
A view from above .... from the Aqueduct at Llangollen. The river is 126 feet below us.
Harvest .... this is the one I struggled with the most considering I work in a school with two Harvest Services going on!!! I just didn't get a snap of either, so I have used this photo of my Harvest ... windfall apples from one of trees. I was going to use this for apples ....so ....
I used this one instead!
Relaxation. Sunday morning, tea and hot buttered toast, still in dressing gown and slippers .... and the Sunday paper. I love having time to read the paper properly!
Your desk or workspace .... my very untidy school desk.
A pile of things .... a close up of the untidy desk. A pile of exercise books waiting to be marked.
A road sign ... at the side of the Windermere Ferry
Football season .... this photo may not show a single glimpse of a football, but this sums up the season for me. Mr B. listening to the match on the radio.... while on the Windermere Ferry, Mr B. struggles to hear the football match between our team (Everton) and the local rivals (Liverpool .... Boo! Hiss!) Reception is poor, and he thinks he's just heard that one of our players has been sent off!!! He's not happy!
Something taller than me .... scraping the barrel here, but this Pyracantha is getting out of hand and will need pruning back very soon.
What's in your bag?
Two diaries, three pens, a packet of tissues, a packet of handwipes, two emery boards, my phone, my i-pod, my car keys, a small make-up bag, two tubes of Bonjela, a pack of Ibruprofen, a comb, a shopping bag shaped like a strawberry, my purse, a pen-drive on an owl key ring, sunglasses (just in case), a bracelet (I wondered where that had gone) and finally .... my camera! No wonder it's heavy!
Right, now I'm off to see what everyone else has been getting up to ....
Here's October's list .... only two more months to go after this one! Can you believe it?
crunchy leaves
golden
candle lit
pumpkin
something eerie
a black cat
a river
heritage
graffiti/street art
fog/mist
sunset
a witch's hat/broomstick
Happy hunting!




I think a lot of struggled this month too.
ReplyDeleteAm I to understand that once you do the December one then the monthly Scavenger list will be no more - hmm - what will I do with my time I wonder - sure I'll find something seeing as I struggle to get all my photos on time!
Great pics. Love the untidy desk...... makes mine look like a rubbish dump. Have a good week! Ros
ReplyDeleteSome great photos - a very tidy teachers desk - the ones I;ve worked with were far messier.
ReplyDeleteThat October list is a challenge - am hoping at least some of them will be taken outside at the end of the month when I am plaster free :)
We are always struggling to get the last few pictures, but we love the hunt! You have the niftiest phoone booths.
ReplyDeleteWell off to look for black cats and spooky things...
Wyatt
Wow, great pix for this list! I like the group for this month and I'll try to get my peeps to help me pawticipate this month!
ReplyDeleteGrr and Woof,
Sarge, COP
Love that road sign! Also both apple photos and the view from above. Thanks Kathy for keeping this going - it's been great fun each month - there was a black cat in the garden this morning! I hope it returns to have its photo taken:)
ReplyDeleteI love the view from above!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and I do not see a messy desk. :)
ReplyDeleteOctober's list is going to be a challenge for those of us living downunder. Not too much mist or crunchy leaves around in spring! Should be a fun challenge.
Anne xx
Oh I am in a madhouse right now! Glad to hear I am not alone;DD
ReplyDeleteDo I ever like the phone box. That would make a wonderful photo framed on a wall!
I don't dare go through my bag...I would get lost!
An interesting set of photos. I found the September list a challenge too, I'm glad to have a new one to think about now!
ReplyDeleteWell done and thanks for the next list. Are we going to stop having all this fun at the end of the year?
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helen
PS. Crunchy leaves might exercise the lateral thinking here ( It's Spring !!)
Love the phone box photo and the one of your hubby in the car made me smile - we have much the same issues here, not so much the unable to hear the radio but unable to listen to anything else when the sport is on! Great list for October - just wishing I'd taken some pics of our candlelit BBQ tonight...! Thanks for keeping it going x
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a tidy desk to me! I didn't even dare take a full angle shot of mine as it's in a disgraceful state.
ReplyDeleteI can see I'm going to have to be up and about early to capture some of the October pics! Here's hoping that the weather is on my side and I don't have to get creative with a fog machine or something...
You may think your pictures were boring; but I found them very pleasant to look at :)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos this month Kathy! I'm really late this month -- several of them have me stumped. Your pyracantha is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOoops! Delete that last comment LOL! I ended up on the wrong form!!!
ReplyDeleteI think your desk is quite tidy! Love the phone box. Will all of our computer problems I got out of the habit of photo taking as I couldn't download anything. Will try very hard to get back into the swing of things this month.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Love that photo that you used for 'harvest' Once again I've printed off the list for the month but up to now I've never managed to actually complete one of the lists! Maybe this time....
ReplyDeleteI think you did really well under the circumstances! I won't be able to make October for jaunt to Liverpool as I don't have a spare weekend now, but i'll let you know a date asasp. xxx
ReplyDeleteLOVE the concentration your Mr's face, that sums up football perfectly! I can imagine he didn't take kindly to the clicking of your camera! Thne one of the aqueduct makes me feel a bit giddy. Will look forward to hunting for black cats this month!! :)
ReplyDeleteNice, as always.
ReplyDeletehttp://haak-en-stekie.blogspot.com/2011/10/september-photo-scavenger-hunt.html
How do you fit everything in one bag? You must be fit! As ever, it's lovely to see what everyone has been up to this month - thanks Kathy, Ellen
ReplyDeleteHope your son got off to uni ok. The 'view from above' made my heart jump again, it's so high.
ReplyDeleteThis is the 1st time I've joined the scavenger hunt and had a great time both taking the pictures and now looking through everybody else's. Thank you for hosting this, loved looking at your pictures too by the way.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how those from down under wonder how they're going to get crunchy leaves in October; I'm in England but the first thing that sprung to my mind when I saw that, was lettuce!
ReplyDeleteI didn't manage August or September...must try harder in October!
ReplyDeleteLove your selection...especially the football one! :o)