Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 11 June 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 22

We've just got back from a lovely week in Derbyshire, where we spent our time walking through the beautiful countryside and dodging the showers!
We stayed with our caravan at the Chatsworth site, which is tucked away in an old walled garden, on the estate .... and best of all ...














































you can go through a secret doorway right into the grounds of the great house. We walked there every evening, when all the crowds had gone home. Just perfect!


156/365


































All pitched up and ready to eat .... we were on the shady side of the site so it was too cold to sit outside.
157/365


































An evening stroll into the Chatsworth estate


158/365
Cards and presents for Mr. B today - it's his birthday

159/365


A decorated well in Tissington ..... Inca nearly jumped in here while we were admiring the flowers .... she's a very sneaky dog!
160/365




A few tasty treats from the Chatsworth Farm Shop - chicken and leek parcels for tea, and some very nice scones indeed! 

161/365


































Walking through the tunnels on the Monsal Trail.
162/365




Dark brooding skies over the Cat and Fiddle near Buxton on our drive home today.


So, just a quick post to review the week .... but I've taken so many photographs I need to settle down for a lengthy blogging session soon. Sadly, it's back to work for me on Monday .... so my time will be severely limited, especially as I haven't finished my reports yet! Laptop gremlins have been at work!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice time! Pics looks great, it looks like a really lovely area :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You visited lots of my favourite parts of Derbyshire... and you dined in real style! we used to eat off our laps sitting on the grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a lovely time although the weather could have been better for you. Happy Bithday Mr.B!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tunnel picture. Good luck with your report writing- I don't miss that At All. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not been to Derbyshire for ages, so this post was a delight. Looks like you had a great time. (must get back to the reports!)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Chatsworth yesterday with an old school pal. We had a lovely time. Can't wait to see your photos. Can I just say that inspite of a nasty tummy bug and complete lack of appetite, combined with much Zumba dancing, I have only lost 3lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh lovely photos! This is my part of the world :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails