Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 30 July 2010

My Favourite T.V. Programme

Radiotherapy ~ Day 3 (11:50)

When I was very young I loved this ....
I can remember this being a 'must-see' as a family in the Sixties

The Seventies brought The Onedin Line and Poldark ....

 Brideshead followed ...

and of course ... the magnificent Mr Darcy!!!!
I love a good Dickens ....

Can you see a trend here?

I'm afraid I'm addicted to costume drama
- even better if it's shown on a Sunday evening -


For a whole blissful hour
there's no sport,
no reality singing and dancing,
no jungles
no Rovers or Queen Vic
no guns, no violence ...

just a wrap around cosiness
chasing away that
'Sunday night - so it's school tomorrow' feeling!

Lately I have enjoyed Cranford
wonderful, wonderful characters ...
and so many of our fine actresses in one drama
.... but the one show right now that wraps me in a warm, fuzzy glow is:

Larkrise to Candleford
There are rumours that Series 4 will only be 6 episodes.....
there's got to be a law against that!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am with you on ALL of these, I love Larkrise, it makes me feel all cosy.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Poldark - couldn't wait for it to start on a Sunday night. Loved Brideshead too! Like you I enjoy a good costume drama - like P&P or North and South and Cranford and the wonderful, heartwarming Larkrise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the warm cosy Sunday feeling that comes with a good costume drama, although for some reason I've never seen an episode of Larkrise. How has that happened?
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Poldark, P&P, Cranford, all the Dickens...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails