the weather has changed.
and leaden skies like this echo my mood...
It's not that I'm missing my job at all ...
it's quite nice being away from all that end of term madness...
but I am missing some sense of direction I think.
I'm usually a person who is very much in charge of things ...
(well, being a teacher I would have to be)
and right now I've had that snatched away from me.
This illness is calling the shots now and I have no control of my life whatsoever.
I feel like I'm just drifting along, waiting for things to happen to me.
I miss being me!
Well today, I've decided that things can't go on like this.
I need to snap out of this mood ...
I need some distractions!
So ....
I've been sucked into this knitting thing that's going on in Blogland....
I've bought some wool!!!!
Now, I can actually knit ....
I just haven't for a very long time.
I'm going to start with a scarf ....
that should be easy enough, and I won't need it until winter
so I've got plenty of time!!!
I've also acquired a little bird house to play with.
I've always fancied those decorative houses you see in fancy garden shops....
so I'm going to get out my paints and pretty papers
and see what happens.
I've also been watching the craft shows on a well known shopping channel,
I know, I know ....
too much time on my hands
and I now have enough sparkly things, and embellishments to make thousands of.....
whisper it quietly ....
CHRISTMAS CARDS!!!
in July!!!!!
Tonight is the staff night out .... so we might be going along to that if I can stay awake long enough!
My lovely girl is coming home for the weekend - always a pleasure- and we're all going to the Race for Life event on Sunday.
That should be enough distractions for now - I hope!
Have a good weekend whatever you're doing!
Thats the ticket - keep busy! Its the hardest thing to go with flow when you are used to being "in charge". Enjoy your weekend. xxx
ReplyDeleteThats the way to do it. Go girl!. Even just in retirement I sometimes find the days go by when I have acheived nothing and seen no one. It takes real effort to fill your time and not let everything just stop. It must be much more so for you, usually so active. So great stuff can't wait to see the scarf and birdbox but I think I can wait a little while to see the cards!! Can't be thinking of December yet!!
ReplyDeletedistractions are good!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing what you make woth your goodies.
Love
Lyn
xxx
That wool is a lovely purple, a scarf is a really good place to start - do show us when you're done - and the bird house. You could be starting a whole new crafting phase....
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are taking some control back, have a lovely weekend with your daughter. xx
This weather is truly dreadful and I am cold.It doesn't help one's mood.Hope you get into the knitting.I am really into knitting at the moment.I knit socks(very easy and super self striping wools abound.Stash fine yarns in Chester is great for sock wool.I also like to knit lacy shawls,scarves etc.A good craft project is a good distraction.Have you got a Nintendo DS?
ReplyDeleteI can fully understand how you feel you are not in control but I do detect in your posts that you are not as down as you were and just getting on with it now.
Good luck with the knitting!
I hope you made it to the staff night out. It is good to have distractions. Christmas in July on QVC has always tickled me. Just think with the time off work you're going to discover all those talents you forgot you had. Can't wait to see your projects finished. x
ReplyDeleteDistractions are a good thing ... I'm so glad that you found some fun things to work on. And just remember, God has your entire being in His hands. Sometimes we just can't quite understand why He allows certain things to enter our life. But we do know that if we just trust Him, He will take care of us. I will be praying for you on a regular basis. Just remember to look to Him, and He will help you get through this.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to take a step back when you are used to being in control. Good to see you have a few projects on the go. Looking forward to seeing the completed birdhouse.
ReplyDeleteLisa x