Today we met up with our staff who were taking part in the Race for Life at Liverpool's Sefton Park.
A bitter sweet moment for me, because I was the first from our staff to register for the event, when we found out that Ruth had breast cancer .... little did I know that a few months down the line they would be wearing my name on the back of their T-shirts too... and I would waiting on the finish line to take photographs, instead of taking part.
Joanne, Jenny and Linda were pleased that they finished in just under an hour as they had walked and chatted all the way round the 5K course.
A great team effort ..... rain couldn't dampen the spirits!
The whole event was incredibly well supported with almost five thousand women taking part, and all their friends and families cheering them on! There was a real carnival atmosphere.
There were lots of dogs having fun too ...
I wonder if Inca will be sensible enough to walk with me next time!
She's got a year to train up for it!
Looks like everyone had a good time as well as raising money for a good cause. Have g good week. Ros
ReplyDeleteDidn't they do well.Now having got 2 new knees I am going to do it next year.I shall only walk it but I will do it.
ReplyDeletewell done you.....lets see a bit of that knitting then?
ReplyDeleteLooks like great fun and a super challenge must have been a great atmoshphere there:)
ReplyDeleteSuch a brilliant event, I ran it last year for my Father in Law. Such solidarity and so good to be doing something.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with you Kathy, I hope you are doing well?
Sarah x
Very big well done to all your friends Kathy. Its always a wonderful, but emotionally charged atmosphere. xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteI take my hat off to your friends for doing such a good job!
ReplyDeleteI think you should do the 30 days/30 things as its a great distraction! I will be thinking of you and look forward to some of your favourite things!
love
Lyn
xxx