Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Sunday, 9 May 2010

Baking Session ...

This morning I had a baking session.
After much deliberation and consultation with recipe books this is what I eventually made:
Coconut and Cherry Cakes
Blueberry Tray Bake
a fruit cake
and finally - a Banana and Cranberry Fruit Loaf

The plan is to freeze some of these to keep for picnics or caravan trips in the near future,
but I'll have to get them wrapped quickly before my lovely boy eats any more!

He's already snaffled some Coconut and Cherry cakes as he swept through the kitchen on a hunt for food.
This typical teenage male child only leaves his room when he's hungry!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my word, you've been busy. It all looks very scrummy! I wish I was organised enough to bake for freezing. Mine is always on the spur of the moment..... and then it's eaten! :)Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh they look so delicious, you'd better hide them all they wouldn't last long around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They look delicious! Beautifully photographed (and I really enjoyed all the pictures from your trip to Paris too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what lovely cakes - you have been busy in your kitchen - I like the look of the Blackberry Tray bakes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good things.
    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a baking session too - I always freeze a few otherwise theres nothing for packed lunches by mid-week. I seem to live with a plague of locusts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great time you had doing all that baking!! Would you mind if I popped over for some tea and a piece cake!! Well a piece of all of them actually!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you manage to make so many cakes??! Goodness me you have been productive, I think I've done well if I do two at one session! I love cherry and coconut but they all look so good. I've totally run out of cake as I was so busy last week, although son no.2 has asked me to get ingredients for him to make a Nigella dense chocolate loaf cake so perhaps I've got a treat in store! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very, nice! I've got cranberries in the cupboard, and lots of bananas going over-ripe in the fruit bowl! I'd like to find a similar recipe to your loaf? x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails