Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Sunday, 1 December 2013

Advent Calendar 2013


Let's bring back the days when advent calendars were all about opening doors to find festive pictures inside. Not a chocolate in sight!
So, here's my photo for today .... wooden toys in the Christmas Market in Milan a few years ago.

(It would appear I'm a bit obsessed with Christmas Markets!)


I'm joining in with  Julie at K.C. Court and her online Advent Calendar.

It's not too late to join in the fun ----- pop over to hr site using the link above!

8 comments:

  1. I love Christmas markets too andgoing to Bath's christmas market next weekend. Cute wooden toys

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still get Christmas Advent calendars without chocolate inside...you just have to look a little bit harder! I always use the same one each year...closing the windows ready for the following year, but this year I have got a 'different' Advent Calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had Christmas markets here. Sadly, we don't. :-(

    I was in Philadelphia last week and saw an ad for one. I so wanted to go, but it was the weekend AFTER we flew home. Ahhhhhhhh...maybe one day I'll get to one. Happy DECEMBER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do seem to be Kathy! Sheffield only has a few stalls, but then its not as manic as most. We had a lovely Victorian market at Kelham Island though - it was gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas markets are so festive. A great start to the season.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the most amazing old picture advent calendar when I was a child. It had an accompanying serial of a story. It was my Dad's before us and his Mum's before that. Now it is really old and fragile but my Dad still gets it out. I love that Advent calendar!
    Love your market photo! WIsh the Essex Christmas market I went to today was as lovely as that (much more tacky!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to get myself an advent calender this year and mine is always the non choc variety. Perhaps I will have yours as an online one this year!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only live 12 miles away from Bath, so have no excuse for missing the Christmas market this year. I definitely have the time now and your pictures of the various markets have encouraged me to make the effort.

    Love the wooden toys for day 1.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails