Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 30 November 2013

Goodbye November!

At the beginning of the month I wrote about how much I hate this time of year, and came up with a list of goals to make it all more bearable. So how did I get on?


* Visit the David Hockney exhibition at Liverpool's Walker Art Gallery

Yes! We popped in one afternoon on our way home from work.

* Fill the house with the aromas of baking .... and stash some goodies away to be enjoyed later.
Success! I've managed to do this several times, and we have fruit cakes and mince pies galore!

* Have fish and chips in Parkgate on a dark and stormy night.    

  Fail!

* Meet my husband for lunch on my day off
Yes! We had lunch at the bistro at the Anglican Cathedral with some friends. They were all heading to an a Monday afternoon meeting for headteachers, and I went Christmas shopping.


* Have a Mother and Daughter day ... but with me being the 'daughter'. 
Yes! I took my mum for lunch at the Bluecoat Chambers in the city centre, and then we did more Christmas shopping. We sorted out gifts for the awkward men in our lives.


* Take my camera out on my dog walks, and look for the beauty in nature again.
Yes, I did this too, on a glorious blue sky day.

* On a practical note ... I need to seek out a new lamp for a dark corner in our living room
Achieved - Mr. B. can now read the paper much more easily.


* We've never been to the Christmas Market in Manchester .... it opens at the end of the month

Tick! We went last Sunday.

* a weekend in Newcastle! Mother and Daughter time ....with me being the mum! 
Yes! I had a lovely weekend in the North East, lots of shopping and eating there too!

So all in all, lots of treats meant that November hasn't been the bad month I was dreading.

And I loved having a list of goals to plan and look forward to. I intend to make a list for next month too!

9 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good when you can tick most of the boxes. I think I said before I thought this was a great idea - but did I do it? No, but December tomorrow, so I may just think of my own list. No, not just think, I'm going to do it. Watch this space! Glad you felt a bit better about November.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had some lovely quality time this month - and got christmas shopping done too! Bonus! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I am sure December is going to be just as full and enjoyable! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You achieved a lot!! Well done on beating November blues x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done in meeting most of your goals ~ and such lovely ones as well. Good idea about making a list to allay any winter woes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely things you did - and great places to visit! The Christmas Market sounds FAB! There is one in Lyon, which we sometimes visit, but it gets very crowded. Mr FD isn't a great fan but I like it. I might go over to Lyon myself & visit this year. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to tick off your goals- it sounds like you had a great month:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea ! I keep intending to take the camera out to take some berry pictures; yours is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tremendous idea! And so lovely that you did such happy family things too. And bought a lamp!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails