(image from weheartit.com)
It's no secret that I dislike this time of year.... the dreariness of grey skies, darkness falling at three o'clock, endless rain, and we haven't even had any really cold weather yet!
I've decided that I can't spend a whole month moaning and being miserable, so I'm compiling a list of nice things to do to cheer me up and make it easier to bear.
* Visit the David Hockney exhibition at Liverpool's Walker Art Gallery
* Fill the house with the aromas of baking .... and stash some goodies away to be enjoyed later.
* Have fish and chips in Parkgate on a dark and stormy night.
* Meet my husband for lunch on my day off
* Have a Mother and Daughter day ... but with me being the 'daughter'.
* Take my camera out on my dog walks, and look for the beauty in nature again.
* On a practical note ... I need to seek out a new lamp for a dark corner in our living room
* We've never been to the Christmas Market in Manchester .... it opens at the end of the month
But best of all .....
* a weekend in Newcastle! Mother and Daughter time ....with me being the mum!
This is scheduled for next Friday ..... I can't wait!
Sounds like some great ideas there.
ReplyDeleteGillx
I think your list is a brilliant idea. I am suffering a bit from November gloom I think I need my own list.... have a lovely day out in Newcastle on Friday, I met my sister in law there last week, we had a very nice lunch and glass of wine at Olive and Bean.
ReplyDeleteGreat list Kathy. I really like the 'fish and chips' idea - if I didn't live so far away I'd join you for that one!. Hope you enjoy your mother and daughter times.
ReplyDeleteOh Kathy this is such a good idea, making a list of positive things to do during the winter, I just love it. You've got me thinking now. Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to make a list to guide you through this tough month! Enjoy EVERYTHING on that list. xx
ReplyDeleteSounds like lots of lovely things to look forward to. Just right for getting you through this gloomy month. Have great times:)
ReplyDeleteA "to do" list is something I need at the moment.We have some family worries ,we have our fingers crossed that my step mother's house sale goes through,I have bxxxxy sciatica again(I went ten pin bowling on Thursday which triggered it) and all of this has made my eczema worse!!!So I am off to do my list.
ReplyDeleteP.S.We were walking at Parkgate this afternoon,followed by a quick drink in The Boathouse.
what a great way to beat the blues.
ReplyDeleteCathy
good idea! could do with one of those, definitely not enjoying the prospect of months of cold dark days. enjoy x
ReplyDeleteHmmm - I share you dislike of this time of the year. What a nice list to offset the weather and dark nights! Jx
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely idea - I might pinch it :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I find November hard too. Autumn is coming into the cold and wet season and the darkness is drawing in. Your list looks lovely though- so many nice things planned.
ReplyDeleteLoving your list!!! Mother and daughter days are just brilliant!!! We had the gorillas in Norwich over the summer. I think there were almost 50 of them. I quite missed them when they went! Ros
ReplyDelete