Another mad busy weekend in the P.P. household as our son returned from uni, complete with a lovely girlfriend, and our daughter snatching a precious weekend at home too. We spent Sunday afternoon in Chester, taking a stroll along the famous walls. This gives you a splendid view of Chester's delights from above!
At weekends, the walls are used to display a variety of works of art .... all for sale.
It was so hot, that the river side was the best place to be, and all the river crafts .... pleasure cruisers, rowing boats and pedalos were full to bursting.
This Georgian house is one of my favourite properties in Chester.
But I love these half timbered buildings too.
We met the friendliest little cat ever, who was enjoying the sunshine, and actively seeking out people to stroke him!
You get a good view of the Roman remains from the walls.
As you get closer to the town centre, you can catch a glimpse of the lovely old clock high above the streets.
This must be the second most photographed clock in the country .... after Big Ben.
Normally we'd head down to the shops from here, but it was far too nice to waste time indoors, so we bought a picnic from Marks and Spencer's and sat in the grounds of the cathedral.
I actually had to move my legs out of the sun because they felt like they were burning through my jeans ... when has that ever happened in March?
This sign amused us ... must remember this next time Mr. B. comes out shopping!!!!




I like the Husband Creche notice:) In all the times I've been to Chester I've never walked the Wall, this is because I'm usually incarcerated in the Record Office doing family history research. Next time I go I'll add an extra day on and do the walk.
ReplyDeleteIts been fab hasn't it - looking at your pics if it wasn't for the bare trees you'd think it was summer.
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of a husband creche - we tend to use the Apple Store as one of those when we're shopping - ideal for bored husbands and teenage boys!!
What wonderful pictures of Chester, I last went there as a child. That clock looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhy can't every town have a husband creche too!
Sarah
What gorgeous photos, the weather looks absolutely fantastic.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing,
Anne xx
I can see your beautiful spring has sprung. Everyone, human or cats enjoying sunshine and breeze. Sunshine from Hong Kong too.
ReplyDeleteTerrie
What a brilliant sign!
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks like you made the most of your day out. lovely photos.
ReplyDeletethank you for taking us along it looks like a great day.
ReplyDeleteCathy
What a lovely family day you had! We just missed you by a couple of days as we were there on Tuesday, We walked the wall as far as we could to the river and then later we walked the other way until we hit the rebuilding works. Wasn't it hot up there? We found cool in the refrectory of the cathedral before heading off to look in a few shops. We didn't meet the cat though:)
ReplyDeleteI've just been catching up on your last few posts - what a lovely month you've had!
ReplyDeleteChester looks like a lovely place to visit with much to see and do. The husband creche is a great idea isn't it? x
ReplyDeleteI think I just left a comment but don't know where it went!!!x
ReplyDeleteWe are so lucky to live near Chester and just take it for granted.Hope the new M&S at Cheshire Oaks doesn't kill the shops in the city.
ReplyDeleteFabulous sign. Now... news of a girlfriend, is that allowed?!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a fab day in Chester.
Lisa x