Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Monday, 19 March 2012

Pretty Things ....

In London last weekend we were tempted by some very pretty things .....
How lovely is this scarf? My daughter bought it for me for Mother's Day.
I seem to collect bracelets, and wear one most days. This one was just begging to come home with me.
This sweet little brooch was a bargain from a vintage stall in Angel.
I've been searching for orange beads for my 'fake' Pandora bracelet (bought in Turkey last year), so I was delighted when we spotted these in Camden Market.
This shop had fairy lights in every colour of the rainbow, we were spoilt for choice.....
...in the end I chose a set of creamy white flowers to go round my tiny dresser in the conservatory.
And of course, no round up of pretty things could be complete without bunches of daffodils. 
What else can cheer you up so easily?
For a few pence you can have instant sunshine in the house!

15 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree mre about daffodils, they are so lovely. I bought two bunches for my mum for Mother's day as she loves them so much too.
    Your new scarf is very pretty and I really like that new bracelet, I wear a bracelet and necklace most days too, feels strange without one.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love pretty things! I have to say, your daffodil vases are very lovely, as are the pretty rose lights around your gorgeous dresser. Pretty things are an absolute necessity! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love daffodils. Your description of them being "instant sunshine" is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scarf and rose lights Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty things. Love your new scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They definitely brighten up a day don;t they? Loving the scarf and the bangle too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty things, indeed! I love your scarf and the orange beads. Daffodils do make you smile don't they?:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scarf and the amber beads, bracelets are something I've never really worn though. There are daffodils flowering in the garden now so I shall cut a handful and put them in a vase later today. They are like little bits of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some lovely finds, I love the lights around the dresser.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That scarf is gorgeous and the flower lights are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to see how your bracelet turns out. Lovely scarf and trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scarf is very pretty and I love the bracelet. Daffodils are just bursting with Spring and I always have them in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, I sighed at every one of these [photos, the scarf it beautiful and that shop with all the fairy lights, it looks like heaven. Was that in Camden too? I cannot believe I have never been there before x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, such very nice things! I love the lights you chose especially!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Cheery...love the scarf, love it all :D

    Wyatt and Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails