My lovely girl fell at the weekend and has broken her arm.
She's pretty helpless right now ...
she can't work,
she can't drive,
she can't sleep,
she can't cut her food up
she can barely wash herself .....
she's in Newcastle ... I'm here on the Wirral ....
I've never felt so helpless ...
I'm going up there this weekend. She needs a big hug from her mum!
More medical matters .....
thank you to everyone who sent me lovely encouraging messages after the recent post about my medication. I really do appreciate it!
And a very special thank you to two wonderful ladies who contacted me from the USA ... you know who you are!

Your daughter has my sympathy, I know how she feels as I broke my wrist last summer. Tell her that she will be surprised at how much she will eventually manage to do. There are ways round all sorts of things once you start thinking about it - not all of them graceful and elegant of course but so long as they work who cares. The only things I couldn't do in the end were washing up and preparing food. Does she know that you can buy a plastic cover for her arm so that she can take a shower without worrying about getting the cast wet? If the hospital haven't told her about it e-mail me and I'll fish mine out and give you the details. I bought mine online.
ReplyDeleteYour poor girl! I hope she gets well soon. x
ReplyDeletehow very frustrating...for both of you! i hope she heals quickly! and i hope you have a fabulous weekend together :)
ReplyDeleteNothing like having Momma come to help! I'm sure she's eagerly awaiting your arrival. I just hate it when my daughter who has health issues is not well and she's so far away. So good you can go to her!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it awful when our kiddos hurt? Glad she has a mom like you!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Just yesterday I commented about all the poor crocheters and their hurt children! Hope she's one the mend quickly. My little one got stitches out after his third cut to the head this year! Hope it stops now.
ReplyDeleteThat's so hard for your daughter and for you. I'm sure your visit on the weekend will cheer her up no end.
ReplyDeleteAnne xx
Oh your poor daughter - she has my sympathy - hope it heals quickly and she gets some movement back soon. Having done the arm in plaster thing (yep I'm that clumsy) - she should find after a week or so, she'll be able to use her fingers to steady/support things. I found the worst part was dressing - bras aren't designed to be done up one handed.
ReplyDeleteAm sure she'll be counting the days till the weekend so you can give her a big hug.
The poor love! Hope shes cheerful when you see her. xxxx
ReplyDeleteOh dear, you will be counting the days until you can get to her and give her the love she needs right now. As Rowan says she will eventually work out how to do things whilst her arm is in plaster but it will be frustrating for her and for you too wishing you could be with her to help. Give each other lots of hugs this weekend. Take care:)
ReplyDeletebig hugs to you, and mending thought towards your daughters arm. x
ReplyDelete{{{Kathy & your Daughter}}} Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. Best wishes, Pj x
ReplyDeleteOooh sounds painful! Give her a big squeeze from all of us in blogland that want to see her have a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteI big hug to you and your daughter in these difficult times.
ReplyDelete=) We survivors MUST stick together! I have tears in my eyes over this post! I know how I'd feel if my daughter (she's 22 and still lives here at home) were far away and injured! I'd be like a caged animal! I bet she DOES need a big hug! Is she like mine and breaks into tears the minute she hears your voice on the phone? I know when I hear "Mommmmmmmmm-ma" on the other end of the phone that something is horribly wrong. Typically, she's a very independent, stubborn little being...but when something gets the best of her, she needs her Mommy. I guess that's true for all of us, isn't it? I'm so sorry your baby got hurt. It's amazing just how much we depend upon our arms for ALL things! (Like pulling up your pants!) Hugs to you, Mommy! Annette
ReplyDeleteA visit from Mum is going to cheer your daughter up so much! Hope she heals quickly!
ReplyDeleteoh dear, this is awful! hope she heals real soon!
ReplyDeletexxx
Oh dear!Hope she is managing to cope.Does she live with someone who can help her or will you bring her back to the Wirral?
ReplyDeleteOh I so feel for your poor daughter. I broke my wrist 8 weeks ago and I felt so helpless. Nothing more frustrating than not being able to cut up your own food and loosing your independence. My mother was a power of strength for me to be fair, as will you be to your daughter too.
ReplyDeleteX x
Oh dear! I hope she is ok. Hope you have a lovely time together at the weekend.
ReplyDeleteLisa x