Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 2 July 2011

Project 365~ Weeks 24 and 25

I'm way behind on this project, so here's two weeks together to catch up to date. I use this as a sort of diary of my life as we travel through the year. This week, I'm half way through already. How did half the year pass us by so quickly?
169/365
Torrential rain on a Saturday afternoon ... I'm not going out in that!
170/365
Sunshine for Father's Day over at my parents' house
171/365
More rain ... the grass is getting longer by the day, and Mr B. hasn't been able to cut it!
172/365
 Out on the Wirral Way tonight for Inca's walk. The ferns are nearly as high as us on both sides of the bridle path now.
173/365
 Brightly coloured sails down on West Kirby's Marine Lake
174/365
We finally got our Kenyan paintings up on display in school today. We all love the bright colours!
175/365
 Tom's old shoes seem to have become part of Inca's collection in her toy basket.
176/365
Ken Dodd raises a smile every time I visit Lime Street Station ... We still haven't been to one of his legendary shows. We must do this before it's too late!
177/365
The famous Rock Shop in Llandudno. I bought rock here over 40 years ago, so I was thrilled to see it was still here. These bars had names going through the middle. We bought 'Patricia' for Mr. B's mum, who still enjoys crunching on rock!  Don't ask ... she's not your average 79 year old!!!
178/365
Across our field, the crop of apples is developing nicely.
179/365
Inca goes field surfing in the crops every night. She runs and jumps through the long stems like Tigger ... pure joy!
180/365
Colourful little boats on the River Dee at Chester on our 'Wednesday night'. We had a meal in the local pub nearby. 
181/365
My lovely young man has left the freezer door slightly open, causing a build up of ice. As the door won't close properly I have to defrost it ..... grrr! Not a job I'd choose to do on a Thursday evening!
182/365
Inca enjoying the evening sunshine .... the weather has been lovely for the past week. Wouldn't it be lovely if summer was always like this!

10 comments:

  1. What great photos of Inca :0)
    I'm a lover of rock too - my friend told me that she used to drink milk through it when she was a girl.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great selection of photos and a great mix too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. I especially like the boats on the lake. Yes perfect summer weather here too, it is a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Kenya paintings - takes me straight back to Souith Africa with all those wonderful vibrant colours. My mum and dad took me to see Ken Dodd at a seaside show many moons ago, so long I can't remember when but I do remember not being interested at all in seeing him and then enjoying the show immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see the heavy rain replaced by lots of sun and a happy Inca. Hope you didn't loose lotf of food in the freezer incident. Never knew there was a statue of KD at the station
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Archie loves running and jumping through crops and long grass too, it's so funny to watch. What a huge rock shop at Llandudno, they must stock every name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics, as always! Your Kenyan paintings are fabulous!!!!!!!! Love the style and the bright, bright colours. Lovely to see Inca too. Oscar always loves romping in fields of long grass etc. Have a good week. Not long to go now! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love those Kenyan pictures - they look fantastic! You must try to see Ken Dodd - he is very funny, but prepare yourself for a long night. We didn't leave the theatre until after midnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos. I like the fern lined path & the bright prints are stunning. I saw the Ken Dodd statue when I changed trains at Lime Street in March.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures, Inca is adorable :).

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails