Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 9 July 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 26

Another hectic week at school .... as we hurtle towards the end of term, the pace just gets more and more frantic. This week, as well as finishing reports and records, I've moved classrooms for the second time since Easter ... last time it was for a refurbishment, this time I'm moving year groups. So all my 'stuff' is sitting in the corridor waiting patiently to be sorted.... again. I must be mad!

183/365
Spotted this lovely scrapbook layout on a trip to Hobbycraft for some supplies for school... I realised I miss scrapbooking. I haven't done a proper layout since I started blogging.


184/365
.
The tiny red thing above the school is a rocket fired by Year 3 .... we're learning about pneumatics, and this is the most exciting way to get the topic started!

185/365
This little guy is the only chick that hatched from a clutch that our reception class was incubating. He's got the loudest cheep ever ... in fact it's so loud that, when he went home with Dot, the T.A., she couldn't hear Eastenders! As he's on his own, he's going to have to go back to the city farm much quicker than usual, so he can be with other chicks.

186/365
A slightly blurred photo of me in Tate Liverpool, dwarfed by this enormous table and chairs.


187/365
A big blue bear came to a breakfast event in school today. Families were invited to come in for a breakfast and do some reading together. It was a lovely occasion!

188/365
Inca snuggling in to her favourite toy of the moment ... a slightly scruffy dog that she's had since Christmas and hasn't 'killed'.

189/365
We loved these ceramic figures on display at the Ruthin Craft Centre. They're part of an exhibition called 'Fables and Figments' that we visited this afternoon.

The weather has been shaping up nicely today ... let's hope it continues well into next week.... I'm getting tired of the rain!
 I hope it's sunny wherever you are! 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

12 comments:

  1. just found your lovely blog - looking forward to keeping up with you - Janice from Warrington

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the breakfast and reading together ideax. Love the chairs in the Liverpool Tate...you look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts take me back to when my kids were in primary school. I remember them hatching chicks in reception class, and having breakfast in school. Inca is such a cutie cuddling up to her toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hectic, but a lovely week Kathy. I loved your visit to the Tate too. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That huge dining table set was wild! Thanks for sharing :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you are ready for your holiday now. Not too long to go.. Which year group are you taking next year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that enormous dining table and chairs! What a great way to start your topic on pneumatics. I bet the Year 3s loved it! Have a great week. Not long to go now. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's head down and mouth shut time in staff rooms through the country!! Only two (?) weeks to go, good luck with the move, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that you've had to move classrooms again! Hope the end of term goes smoothly! Roll on the summer holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so excited to be out of school and enjoying summer vacation. The gigantic table and chairs are awesome. Inca is such a pretty dog just like my own Bella. Hope your school release comes up quick for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Kathy x

    Just want to say..a massive thank you for my gorgeous birthday swap goodies..and the cute little birthday card...i love them all x
    hugs clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your blog today. I am showing a very good friend your blog as she is British too. She actually has a relative who lives in Wirral. How ironic is that?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails