Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 9 April 2010

At Home ....

As I'm on holiday at the moment I've had a lovely morning baking ...
we had some 'past their best' bananas in the fruit basket, so I made a banana loaf.
I've also made a fruit cake and some more cupcakes as the last lot went down a treat!
Does anybody else make a terrible mess when they're baking or is it just me?

This week I've discovered that I don't really have time to go to work -
just being home in the house is a full time job in itself.
There's just so much to do!
Every time I plan to do something nice,
something else needs to be done first -
There's washing and ironing and cleaning and tidying and taxi-ing my lovely boy around -
then I need to go and buy some food ...
that means tidying out cupboards and the fridge so I can put it all away
- it's just relentless!

  - but I want to bake and craft and do some gardening and generally have a relaxing time!

I am supposed to be on holiday after all!
I have decided that I need to be at home all the time -
but somehow I don't think Mr. B. will agree with me!

10 comments:

  1. Hee Hee I know what you mean. I went back to work last September after a 6 year break - I needed the rest!!! I wish I could be organised but it just never happens - and the 'doing days' when I feel really motivated are getting fewer & fewer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, banana loaf!!! I've been off work for three months after an operation, the only thing I've really done is blog!!! Have a great weekend!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very frustrating how everyday life just gets int he way, I would so love to just do all the thing I want to rather than all the things I have to. Don't work too hard

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kitchen never looks tidy. It's a lost cause!

    Have passed an award on to you on my blog (but I won't be even remotely offended if you don't fancy writing the lists)

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm - Banana Loaf sounds good - enjoy the rest of your holidy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive bought a lottery ticket tiday as I too don't have time to work - it just gets in the way!!! And yes, I am a very messy baker - and cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tidy as I go when baking, and have a sink full of bubbles at the ready. I picked up this habit at school, as when taking my O Level in Food & Nutrition, keeping a tidy workplace would have made up part of the marks! Everything you say about work seems so very familiar to me, and there's no way I shall be bored when I finally get to retire? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can recommend being home all the time but you don't get any more done, you just take on more things and nothing gets done.BUT it is great!The pay isn't too good either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I know just what you mean, there is always a chore lurking making you feel guilty for doing something far more pleasurable! Have a brilliant holiday,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very. very messy while baking - there's always flour sprinkled on the floor and sometimes on the cat, and my recipe books have pages stuck together with mixtures!
    I never seem to have enough hours in the day, so much gardening to do as well now, the only solution seems to be to get up earlier and I'm rubbish at early-rising! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails