Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Friday, 8 January 2010

Because I can .....

Friday morning .... 11.15 .... and I'm having a cup of cappuccino and a scone because I can ..... normally at this time of day I'm teaching Maths to 7 year olds.
Plans for the day?
I could read the paper all the way through and attempt the crosswordI could browse through some lovely magazinesI could look through some recipes to find something tasty to cook for tonightI could do some craftingI could go for a walk across fields of snow sparkling like diamonds in the cold sunshineI could do some ironing ........... (but I probably won't!)

One day, it will always be like this ... having the time to have .... no plans!

I love having "Snow Days!"

P.S. I finally watched Marley & Me on DVD last night despite grave warnings from my daughter not to ...... well you know what happened next ...... I went to bed sobbing! Having a labrador ourselves I empathised with all the naughtiness and destruction, but I don't want to contemplate what the future will eventually bring!

2 comments:

  1. hi there, thanks for the lovely comment you left me! I have to say you've a great blog!
    I was warned several months back not to watch 'Marley' and a few weeks back, on a Sunday morning, I did.... oh, the tears...!!! Great film, but soooo sad!!
    Have a great weekend!

    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stumbling on my blog Kathy because now I have found you! We have had 3 snow days this week! I really want to get back to 'normal' now though! I look forward to coming back and visiting you.x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails