Lately I've been drawn to this magazine.
I keep saying no more magazines .....
but this one always looks so pretty, and I was going away, so I gave in - again!
If you're not familiar with it, I'd say it's just a little bit different.
There's no fashion, no celebs, and no glamorous homes.
It sort of shows the fantasy life I live in my head,
just simple things ....
it's all easy going, no rush, pleasant surroundings
freshly made bread,
perfect evenings with friends,
all shabby chic,
and chickens in the garden.
I'd love chickens in my garden!
Now, I know I'm never really going to live their perfect simple life.
The chickens would be eaten by the local foxes for a start ....
but it's nice to dream.
One thing I really like is the list of Simple Things on the back cover.
The Simple Things that cheer us up or make us smile.
That's something I can do for sure.
I can make a list of the Simple Things that I enjoy too.
So for April my simple things are :
a completed crossword
lemon curd
a jug full of tulips
a home baked apple pie
a rainbow
a finished square for my knitted throw
phone calls from my children who live far from home
and especially this month ...
a walk without having to wear my gloves!
What are your simple things right now?
Oooh, I love this mag! Bought the first one out of curiosity, but it is hell expensive in South Africa.
ReplyDeleteHOWEVER
I have no resistance to mags.
I decided I'd rather stop buying one or two of the others, and continue with this :-)
It looks like a wonderful magazine. I wish we got it here in Canada!
ReplyDeleteMy simple things right now are knitting a hat for a friend and getting my garden ready for planting.
I've never seen the magazine but I like the idea of a list of simple things. I've just posted my April list on my blog, hope you don't mind me copying your idea.
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you, glad you are back in blogland! We have been enjoying the sunshine, it's amazing how it lifts the spirits. I just wish it had come at the start of the Easter holidays rather than at the end! Back to school tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteMy sis bought me this instead of an Easter Egg - its a gorgeous mag xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm not a magazine buyer, but this one does look worth a look. Your list of simple things would pretty much 'do' for me too! Chickens in the garden have been a desire for a long time now. However, we live in a city centre! Yes, they would be eaten for sure. Ros
ReplyDeleteLovely idea - one of mine would be to sit in the sunshine. I did that today!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this mag but I love the idea of your list. My simple thing just now is seeing what flower has started budding in the garden.
ReplyDeleteGillx
Love your simple things list - lemon curd, delicious, haven't had that for years!! Think today my simple things would have to be sitting with a cup of tea in the sunshine and sniffing armfuls of clean washing dried outside for the first time this year! x
ReplyDeleteJust enjoying friends, family & my husband & our dog!
ReplyDeleteGoing for long walks with my Bella and hubby.Costs nothing and lifts my spirits.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like my sort of mag...I can't resist them either!
:0) Bellaboo
I don't normally buy it, but I have this months, it's a lovely read. Simple pleasures for me always include tea x
ReplyDeleteThank you for thinking of us. It is terrible to live so close to this unspeakable act. I am very grateful my kids didn't go in to Boston this year. We less than 30 miles from Boston.
ReplyDeleteThat looks a really nice magazine. I rarely buy magazines to be honest but this may tempt me in the future...
ReplyDeleteM x
I can't resist magazines Kathy and now I feel I must read this one!...Love your list of simple things...those that really matter and make us happy...
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend,
Susan x
Love your list - I shall have to have a think- but I would certainly go with the lemon curd- love it. As for the magazine- it's maybe a good job I can't get it over here- I would never get any work done as i'd want to read it cover to cover :)
ReplyDelete