Reading
A good friend passes me paperbacks after she's read them. She always says "This one's OK if you want to take your brain out and just read!" I've read an awful lot of brainless rubbish recently.
Any recommendations for something better?
Eating
I'm enjoying baking a lot just now. Our favourite cake at present is a raspberry sponge cake. This is a twist on a Mary Berry recipe. She uses strawberries in the middle, but I didn't have any, so I used up some frozen raspberries lurking in the depths of the freezer. Delicious!
Drinking
I haven't drank tea or coffee for years and years now, so I drink a lot of fruit teas.
This Blueberry and Apple tea is a new discovery.
Wearing
I'm still in winter clothes..... I haven't ventured outdoors without boots, socks, and a warm coat yet.
We haven't had a single warm day so far this year where I live!
Listening to
This haunting song keeps popping up on my i-pod these days.
I've come to it very late, as it's from 'Once', a film that was out about five years ago,
The stage musical has just opened in London, so it's been around a bit recently.
Making me happy
Strangely, knitting is making me happy. I never thought I'd ever say that, as I usually find the process too slow and I give up easily. But right now, I'm keeping up with my Knit &Stitch patchwork blanket project and the knitted squares are beginning pile up now.
Watching
I'm a sucker for a heartwarming costume drama on Sunday nights..... think Larkrise or Downton Abbey. The new BBC drama 'The Village' is a costume drama, but oh my goodness it's not heartwarming, more heartbreaking! It's beautifully filmed though.
Thinking about
We're at the stage in the year when plans need to made for our summer holidays
in the caravan.
Should we stay in our comfort zone with France, or should we be bold and try Switzerland?
Fed up with
Well. that's easy. I'm still fed up with the weather!
Don't be fooled by the blue skies, it's still flippin' freezing!
Don't be fooled by the blue skies, it's still flippin' freezing!
What have you been up to currently?




the luminous life of lily Aphrodite was a book i loved...or anything by rose tremain.... the road home maybe. i too love a dressy upy drama, but this one is way too miserable, love john simm though!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear your weather continues to be so awful! That raspberry sponge cake looks delicious! And thanks for the warning about The Village. When it makes its way over to this side of the Atlantic I think I will give it a pass. After the last season of Downton Abbey I don't think I can take any more heartbreak.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the above,anything by Rose Tremain.Have you read The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas?I recently read this and really enjoyed it.I am re reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyes, another good read.This is for my reading group.I have also started Kommandant's Girl by Pam Jenoff,looking promising.I had this through newbooksmag which I subscribe to.Totally agree with you about the weather.It's even too cold to do any gardening and the central heating is on!!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, the cake looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteI like a brainless read from time to time but have just discovered Elly Griffiths, who seems promising - sort of archaeology meets detective.
The cake looks scrum my, as does the tea. I usually have the Twinings green tea with lavender in my mug at school. I also LOVE "Falling Slowly' ! I really like the Japanese author Murakami. His most recent novel 'IQ84' was totally unputdownable! Ros
ReplyDeleteLovely idea for a post! That cake looks delicious. I'm enjoying the Village too. I don't watch drama as a rule but as it is set near me I watched it and love it for the scenery alone :).
ReplyDeleteI recently read the scarlet pimpernel books and really enjoyed them. I've just written a little about the second on my blog. If you haven't read them, I think they're worth reading. I'm really enjoying Stephen Booth too, they're mystery type, crime/murder, set in the Peak District and very well written.
I hope that new BBC drama comes here soon...I'm desperate. I have Larkrise on Blu-ray and I think I've watched all of it four times now....LOL
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks delicious and is making me hungry already!
ReplyDeleteA trip to Switzerland sounds very exciting, think of all that chocolate!
Lisa x