Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Sunday, 7 April 2013

A Postcard from the Lake District

We've just come back from a few days in the Lake District. As always, it was stunningly beautiful, but oh so cold! The days were bright and dry, but the sun had no warmth in it at all. So we had lots of short walks followed by a rush back to the car to get warm. That suited me fine, actually, because I'm still getting quite breathless if I walk too far.
Lake Windermere
Snow still on the high fells.
A 'sheep-jam' at Buttermere
We all waited patiently while these ladies sorted themselves out!
This one was keeping a very close eye on Inca ....
This could be the depths of winter, instead of April!

Inca was longing for a swim, but we held her back ...
The last time we did this walk it was an extremely hot day in June, and I was wearing a skirt and sandals.This time I was in a fur hat and sheepskin gloves, and still shivering ...
By now I was ready for some coffee and cake!
Another day, another lake .... this time Grasmere. I could end my days in Grasmere!
 Imagine looking at these views every day.




 After a scurry round the very pretty village of Grasmere, we hurried back to the car with take-away hot chocolate. We didn't fancy sitting outside a cafe with the dog, no thank you!

 This is where we pitched our caravan ..... the peace only broken by birdsong. 
Yet the site is only 5 minutes from the M6.
Time to go home .... Mr B. hitching the 'van using his favourite toy. It's a remote control motor mover.
He never leaves home without it!

We had a lovely trip. It may have been cold, but the caravan is always cosy, and it was just nice to be out and about at last after the past few months.

We're heading back up here for the May Day weekend. I'm hoping to leave the fur hat behind!

13 comments:

  1. What lovely views. Love the Herdwick Sheep. Let's hope the weather improves a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather is very similar to our weekend weather in Maine - burrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos - I love the lakes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lake District is on my wish list, it looks beautiful in your pictures despite it looking cold!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so beautiful! Glad to see Inca again too! We have the same problem, in that as dog owners we invariably sit outside in all weathers; so still frozen, even after the hot drink! Glad you are out and about. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has brought back some lovely memories of several trips to the Lakes when our children were younger. Lovely photos Kathy and so glad you have a great time.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning photos. Glad you enjoyed your time away, it must have really given you a boost to be out in the very fresh air!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely trip - I've never been to the Lakes, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like such a lovely place to visit! Some day I would love to go to the lake District. It doesn't look like there were too many signs of spring. Brrr....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos - I love The Lake District too. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great Photos Kathy, I love the Lakes at this time of year.
    Lovely to see you back in Blogland, hope you are keeping well,
    BH xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your pictures of the lakes- Although as a Cumbrian girl, It just makes me homesick though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails