Knowing I'd be laid up for some time after my recent op, I planned some nice things to keep me occupied. Conveniently, at the start of the year, an advert for this knitting magazine was all over the place, so I took out a subscription.
With each magazine you get some wool and needles, plus other nice bits of stash, and lots of patterns.
The end result should look like this ....
I'm now knitting a variety of squares to make a throw. It's probably the most ridiculously wasteful way to buy wool, but it has kept me busy and I'm ahead of myself waiting for the next magazine to come, so I can get on with the next square. (In my normal life I'd never dream of knitting .... I'm quite capable, but I just haven't got the patience!)
Bitten by the woolly bug, I've also managed to fulfil a long held ambition ....
and I can now crochet (a bit) ..... thanks to some great tutorials on Youtube!
My first GRANNY SQUARE .... taa...daa!!!
(Yes, Kate, it's your blanket at last .... but don't get too excited .... it's going to take some time.)
I'm finding choosing random colours quite challenging, as I'm known to be a bit OCD over 'matching'. In fact any class I've ever taught will always ask "Should we use colour families?" before any art lesson gets under way! So, for inspiration, I've got together a whole collection of colourful crochet on Pinterest.
Now there's a wonderful way to fill time.
What did we do before Pinterest?



Yessssss can't wait xxx
ReplyDeleteNice to see that you found a cozy way to recuperate ~ like the idea of a throw made of squares, and bet it will be so warm and cuddly. A great time also to learn how to crochet. Now there will be no stopping you! Yes, Pinterest is amazing, isn't it? Super way to share some great ideas.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing well with the crocheting and knitting.Have a look at Attic24.blogspot for inspiration!I use a lot of Stylecraft Special DK.Lots of crafters use it.54 shades and only £1.30 for 100g from Afan Crafts.I love crochet.It grows much faster than knitting.
ReplyDeleteYour granny squares look great - I really must learn to crochet - it is on my to do list!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your crochet blanket so far! I am going to teach myself this year - but I hadn't thought of searching out some online tutorials.
ReplyDeleteI have phases where I am absolutely addicted to Pinterest, most of the time I find it more enjoyable than spending an evening watching TV (not that I get to do that very often!)
Love your colour choices - very pretty!
ReplyDeleteCrafting is such a lovely way to pass the time and Pinterest...oh my goodness, what a way to spend more time than I really have. Love it.
ReplyDeleteAnne xx
Ha ha! So glad to see you mention 'stash'! Bet you'll be bitten by the woolly bug. It's so satisfying and such a stress buster! Ros
ReplyDeleteI was stupidly happy yesterday when I went for a lunchtime walk from work and found a wool shop. I'm glad you're enjoying knitting.
ReplyDeleteWell done with the knitting and crochet. I am better with the crochet than I am the knitting! x
ReplyDelete