Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Sunday, 31 March 2013

Happy Easter!

We're having a special family day here on the P.P.


It's not just Easter for us,  as we have a birthday to celebrate and some sad memories to deal with too.

I've spent a lot of time baking cakes.


 I seem to be working my way through Mary Berry's cake collections. 



I'm particularly thrilled with my Simnel Cake. I've never made one before, so I hope it tastes as good as it looks!
Hope you're all having a lovely Easter time wherever you are, and whatever you're doing.

9 comments:

  1. Your bakes look delicious - Happy Easter to you and yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! Your cakes look wonderful. I had never heard of a Simnel Cake until today, and now today I have read about two of you making these cakes. I'm intrigued..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a Simnel Cake either but it sure looks good as well as all the goodies. My mouth is just watering while trying to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you and your family Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cakes look lovely Kathy. I cut into my Simnel cake today and split it three ways,both son and daughter's families and us. Pretty pleased with it too. Hope you're okay and enjoying your Easter.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your bakes look delicious.
    I remember having a tunis cake for Easter when I was little.
    Hope you had some lovely family time together.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Fabulous cakes! Hope the weekend was good family time and did what it needed to do! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, I've just seen a comment of yours on another blog so I had to come over to see if you were up and running again. I'm glad to see you back in blogland. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy cakes! I'm sitting here drooling! :) Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails